Game Discussion: Sea of Thieves

Achievements not popping

• JaKoB MP 40JaKoB MP 401,907,559
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 02:11
    So after i unlocked 3 achievements no other ones has unlocked since even tho i did the requirements.
    I quitted and restarted the game and yet still nothing.
    [URL=https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Akire+93][IMG]https://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Akire+93.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • wbswbs996,388
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 02:34
    No achievements have unlocked for me and I have completed 3 or 4. I have tried on two different Xboxs (S and X) and still no luck.
  • Zen VendettaZen Vendetta1,784,309
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 02:51
    I popped one this morning (presumably before the server issues started) and have tried several of them a few times over since with no luck. Hopefully this is fixed quickly.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,975,702
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 03:08
    Achievements have been down since they turned the servers off for new players.

No achievements been unlocked since 2230 or so.
  • Nightmare ClownNightmare Clown1,102,992
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 05:36
    Hopefully the achievements pop after everything is fixed.
  • BluWolveBluWolve618,491
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 06:09
    Nightmare Clown said:
    I sure hope so, but I wouldn't count on it. I have been in the same situation with a few other games and have had to redo achievements in the past.
    BluWolve
  • Lord MidasLord Midas401,663
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 06:17
    Same for me last night. There 4 of us on the high seas and many unlocked chvs.
    My mate was playing through the day and he was happily unlocking chvs
  • Nightmare ClownNightmare Clown1,102,992
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 06:23, Edited on 21 March 18 at 06:25 by Nightmare Clown
    BluWolve said:
    Nightmare Clown said:
    I sure hope so, but I wouldn't count on it. I have been in the same situation with a few other games and have had to redo achievements in the past.
    How would we unlock the promotion ones again?
  • ScorchPSOScorchPSO1,065,633
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 07:37, Edited on 21 March 18 at 07:38 by ScorchPSO
    Me, my girlfriend and 2 friends played for 4 hours last night and I unlocked the vomit achievement within the first 2 minutes of playing (They didn't get anything) and from then on none of us unlocked any achievements for the rest of the night - I know for a fact we did the requirements for at least 6 or 7 achievements but nothing has unlocked.

Checked again this morning and still nothing unlocking. I'm hoping once the server issues are fixed they'll be retroactive or at least will pop when intended - Some games have a bad habit of marking the criteria as met for the achievement to unlock even if it hasn't awarded the achievement which means when you re-do certain achievements they still won't pop as the criteria has already been filled previously.

We will see :) I'll stay optimistic.
  • Dylan0195Dylan019536,774
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 11:21
    I hope thy solve this because I will be really ticked off if I have to redo these achievements. We got the 20 chest achievement done last night, it ticked for everyone but me.

Also if it bugs out and makes the achievements you have already earned unobtainable then I will take it to support. I had this with Elder Scrolls Online back in the day. Rare, fix your game!
  • VoxCalibreVoxCalibre712,518
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 11:41
    I reckon once the server issues are sorted the achievements will pop. That or you'll just randomly get the achievement notification in the middle of something totally unrelated 20 hours of play later in a group.
  • EPSILON 616EPSILON 616229,149 229,149 GamerScore
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 12:58
    I have been unlocking achievements randomly. It is like they are delayed. I will get one then, not pop. Then four hours later, achievement.

They are just really glitched.
  • Posted on 21 March 18 at 16:58
    I only got the eat the banana achievement two seconds into the game, I've probably earned around 10-15 achievements but nothing has popped since the banana. Played a good eight hours yesterday, and logged on this morning and still nothing. Hopefully it is all fixed soon
    PineConeKiller | California | Japan |
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 17:21, Edited on 21 March 18 at 17:29 by Lavindathar
    I went back on today but didn’t get any I just earnt.

Achievements seem to have been disabled since 0630am
  • MexphaMexpha1,092,197
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 18:09
    Glad it’s not just me but hoping for a swift fix
  • Posted on 21 March 18 at 18:30
    A video has been uploaded to explain the situation more, including information about achievements not unlocking, hope this helps :-) https://youtu.be/x0KiM8n7e0w
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 18:54
    Jessie Megs said:
    A video has been uploaded to explain the situation more, including information about achievements not unlocking, hope this helps :-) https://youtu.be/x0KiM8n7e0w
    Cool video, except I don’t think many people are popping them after the fact as a delay, only if stuff gets redone.
  • Posted on 21 March 18 at 20:02
    im still not unlocking any been playing for few hours w/ ppl and still dont have one for voting on a vayage from other player
    Fighting evil by moonlight, winning love by daylight <3
  • KungFuStu72KungFuStu721,610,133
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 21:25
    Jessie Megs said:
    A video has been uploaded to explain the situation more, including information about achievements not unlocking, hope this helps :-)
    A million unique players in the first 48 hours. shock I wonder how many will never come back?

No mention of compensation though. I play a bit of Gems of Wars and regularly get compensation for issues I never even knew existed, that's good customer service.
  • BPH WussieBPH Wussie303,109
    Posted on 21 March 18 at 23:03
    They better still be tracking this in game cause I want my achievement for launching myself from a cannon on to another boat deck.
    HxC Gamer
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads