The TrueAchievements Podcast Forum

Forum for discussing the TrueAchievements Podcast - show feedback and new ideas

TA Podcast: Sea of Thieves, Attacking Llamas, Tesla vs Lovecraft, and Win a Game

AuthorMessage
DaveKinetic
DaveKinetic
Posted on 23 March 18 at 16:23
Welcome to the 112th episode of the TrueAchievements podcast

Please click here to read the story: TA Podcast: Sea of Thieves, Attacking Llamas, Tesla vs Lovecraft, and Win a Game
Nighthawk205
Nighthawk205
Posted on 23 March 18 at 19:12, Edited on 23 March 18 at 19:13 by Nighthawk205
Haven't loaded up Sea of Thieves yet (installed on my hard drive, just haven't started it yet), but I feel the same way you guys do about it, having watched both the TA stream and a few others on the web. Unless you get a decent crew or are willing to stay on your toes and play it solo, it seems like it'd take a huge investment to nab a huge chunk of those achievements.

I'm definitely excited for the new AC: Origins DLC, though! Haven't picked it up yet, but a 12 hour expansion definitely sounds better than the previous one.
Shinnizle
Shinnizle
Posted on 23 March 18 at 20:36
^ Make that three (or five, I can't count) of us. I like the idea of Sea of Thieves, but I know it's definitely not for me. I'm sure it would be fun one night or two with the right people, but that's about it.
Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
Northern Lass
Northern Lass
Posted on 23 March 18 at 20:37
I've installed Sea of Thieves and going to try it out tonight with my brother, bit worried about starting it due to the grindy achievements though.

Re the game pass changing the way I think about buying games, I bought Super Luckys Tale at Christmas and not played it yet so was a little annoyed it came into game pass. I have played quite a few games that weren't on my radar until they were in game pass so it does make you play different games. Think I might hold off buying new games in case they end up in game pass.
PSYCHADELICACE
Posted on 23 March 18 at 20:38
I would love to see how many people actually listen to these/care
KEOLIVEatHOME
KEOLIVEatHOME
Posted on 23 March 18 at 21:20
With downloads on the xbox I also notice that when you select something to download instead of another item that there is a delay and sometimes when I check back a different item than what i selected had started to download. It would be nice to see downloads on the guide.
Nighthawk205
Nighthawk205
Posted on 24 March 18 at 00:14
PSYCHADELICACE said:
They usually get a good amount of comments in each thread and a bunch of likes/retweets on Twitter, so enough to make it well worth it to continue every week!
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 24 March 18 at 06:23
I’m eagerly waiting to hear about what you can’t talk about.
KingyOwl
KingyOwl
Posted on 24 March 18 at 06:30, Edited on 24 March 18 at 06:32 by KingyOwl
PSYCHADELICACE said:
I do, so your number is at least one, and I'm sure they don't just record these for me to listen to so the number is probably higher than two!

Why would you love to know, there's clearly enough for them to continue doing it? Your comment just screams of "I'm not interested in this so why would anyone else be".
SlayingUrchin3
Posted on 24 March 18 at 10:54
PSYCHADELICACE said:
I listen to these every week, usually pretty entertaining :D
HawkeyeBarry20
Posted on 24 March 18 at 13:48
SlayingUrchin3 said:
PSYCHADELICACE said:
Agreed. I’ve also found out that podcasts and gaming go very well together. There are lots of games when the music/commentating is boring, repetitive or just unimportant. I mute the game and listen to podcast like this. It’s a win win, I’m grinding achievements but not completely bored out of my mind for one hour.
WebMan
WebMan
Posted on 24 March 18 at 15:33
SlayingUrchin3 said:
PSYCHADELICACE said:
Me too. I never miss these podcasts and it is a fun way to go into the weekend. Keep up the good work, TA. dance
Seamus McLimey
Posted on 24 March 18 at 22:34
Thanks for talking about all those new games that I'm not going to play for 5 years headspin
derektaylor84
derektaylor84
Posted on 25 March 18 at 21:03
Great podcast as always.Agree with comments in the show about the achievements not unlocking when offline,very annoying.
RepentantHades7
Posted on 26 March 18 at 19:36
I will most likely not be playing Sea of Thieves. Like the podcast stated, there are way too many grindy achievements. It's ridiculous how lazily the achievements were designed. Rare had a contest for people to create an achievement for the game and they had literally thousands of achievement idea entries to inspire them. But yet, a bunch of grindy achievements. Also, I think Sea of Thieves is just boring. I participated in all of the betas. No wonder there are so many grindy achievements, the game is one big grind. Get a map, go to the island, dig up treasure, sell the treasure. Now repeat 1,000 times. At least the water looks amazing.
KingyOwl
KingyOwl
Posted on 28 March 18 at 05:43
I'm a big fan of city builders but Surviving Mars just isn't tempting me at all, it doesn't sound like there's much customisable in it and your description of the start sounds more like a puzzle game than a builder! In fact not many new releases have grabbed me recently; like the other comments above, I've not seen enough in Sea of Thieves to make me want to commit to hundreds of hours of play in it either.

Personally looking forward to Crash Bandicoot N Sane, Jurassic World Evolution and Red Dead 2 this year. Hopefully the quality of GwG improves to keep me going until then!
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 28 March 18 at 14:20
Im a legend? O.o on the booze early for this one
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
raultono 10
raultono 10
Posted on 30 April 19 at 18:56
looking foward to try Tesla vs Lovecraft, seems fun to play
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.