13. ACIII: Hunting Society
The Hunting Society
The Hunting Society is one of four clubs that tasks you with completing 3 groups of challenges. The Hunting Society also has missions that you'll need to complete.
There are two Hunting Cabins where you can pick up the Hunting Society Missions - one in Black Creek, and the other in Troy's Wood. The icon for them is a paw print.
Use the Hunting Regions list to find where animals are located in all of the areas.
Unlocks after you kill and skin a wild animal in the Frontier.
- Kill 5 deer.
- Kill a wolf.
- Skin 10 animals.
- Trade Hunting Spoils worth £500. When you skin an animal, you will be awarded a number of items, including pelts. Sell enough of these to reach £500.
- Use bait with a snare to capture 5 animals. The easiest way to do this is finding a clue for smaller animals such as hares/raccoons, and placing the snare and bait combination there. It'll only count if you go back and skin the animal after it's been caught in the snare. You can leave the area, and when an animal has been caught in the snare, it will be displayed on your map as a snare icon with a paw in it.
- Kill a Bear with the Hidden Blade.
Unlocks after you complete Challenges I.
- Stealth kill 5 animals while using bait.
- Skin 25 animals.
- Kill 10 animals with the Hidden Blade.
- Capture 20 animals while using a snare.
- Kill 15 animals with the bow.
Hunting Challenges III
Unlocks after you complete Challenges II.
- Skin every species of animal.
- Kill 5 animals from horseback.
- Trade Hunting Spoils worth £2,000.
- Kill 10 animals while in close combat (Find some predators or male elks to do so).
- Complete your Hunting Map by skinning, or finding clues related to, all types of animal in each Frontier hunting region and the Homestead.
- Collect 50 undamaged pelts.
The Hunting Society Missions
This is available once you enter a Hunting Cabin.
After the cutscene, open the map and head to the green area in Packanack. The easiest way is to fast travel to Monmouth and then up on horseback. When you get to the area, there will be a number of bears to kill. Once you've dealt with them all (skin them!), look for two clues, both are blood splatters. This will mark the entrance to the cave.
Once you've gotten over to the cave, you'll encounter a dead body. Pick it up and carry it further into the cave. You'll come across another dead body, and you want to place the one you're carrying next to it. Once done, hide in the nearby bush. When the bear appears, kill it to complete the mission.
The bobcat is located near the Fort in Black Creek. When you get to the marked green zone, look for two sets of Unique Bobcat tracks (these are clues). After finding the second set, the bobcat will jump out and run away. Instead of trying to chase it, shoot it with your Bow and Arrow (if you use a Pistol, you'll get a damaged pelt). That'll complete the mission, and skin the bobcat!
If the bobcat escapes, leave the area to retrigger the objective. You could also leave a trip mine near where the bobcat jumps out for an easier kill if you're not bothered about pelt quality.
After the cutscene, head over to the marked location in Kanièn:keh. Once there, look for the Unique Deer tracks clue. Then head over to the other green area and use Eagle Vision to find the deer (it'll glow gold). From the high ledge, wait for the deer to get close and use an Air Assassination on it. This'll complete the mission. Don't forget to skin the animal.
A Pack Leader
The Wolf's location is in Black Creek. There are no clues this time, just approach the creek and look for some wolves. This'll trigger the next objective. Kill the three roaming wolves, as this will draw out your hunting target. Approach this wolf and kill it to complete the mission. As usual, skin the wolves.
The Cougar is located in Kanièn:keh. Reaching the area in the mountain isn't too hard to do, you just need to climb over to the indicated location. Once you're there, the green zone for the cougar will be in the previous area, so turn back to find and kill it.
The Elk Bachelor
This is the last of the Hunting Society Missions. The Elk is located in Valley Forge. The area the Elk is in is a shallow lake/river. Go over to the mini-island, and use it to get into the tree stumps that stick out of this body of water. Use Eagle Vision to ID the Elk, and the use an Air Assassination to kill the Elk.
Great Piece Hills
Once you have completed all challenges in ANY of the four clubs, you will net the next achievement:
Unlocked by 847 tracked gamers (8% - TA Ratio = 3.47)
Find anything you think is wrong with this walkthrough? Help us fix it by posting in its Walkthrough Thread
This walkthrough is the property of TrueAchievements.com. This walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. TrueAchievements.com and its users have no affiliation with any of this game's creators or copyright holders and any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.