2. Story walkthrough
Blackwood Crossing is a short and easy completion. Following along with the guide will get you all of the achievements quite easily. There are numerous miscellaneous achievements to watch out for. There are also 16 collectibles which you will find bolded in the walkthrough (movie posters and rabbits).
First Train Sequence
You’ll begin by searching for Finn. Leave the room and head down the hall. In the last room, on the table, you will see a rabbit. Pick it up to obtain your first collectible, Rabbit #1/7.
Then move down the hall and open the door at the end to find Finn, who will quickly run away again. Chase him down the hallway through another door.
In this room we’ll have the first missable achievement. You’ll need to play Simon Says. This is an old children’s game many of you have probably played, but if you haven’t, you do exactly what the other person says only when they begin with “Simon says…” Easy enough. Here’s how you play.
- Look up.
- Look down.
- Open the window. This is the window on the far side from where you entered. There’s a little handle on the window. It’s just to the right of the poster in the picture below if you’re having problems.
- Pick up the pen. It’s on the table in between the chairs.
- Go over to the door on the far side. You’ll need to stand right next to it.
- DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR. Finn doesn’t say “Simon says…” He will eventually, so wait until he does then it’s safe to talk to him.
At this point, you’ll get two achievements if you did it right.
Unlocked by 3,034 tracked gamers (100% - TA Ratio = 1.00)
Unlocked by 2,579 tracked gamers (85% - TA Ratio = 1.08)
Before you continue on, we have our first collectible. It’s Movie Poster #1/9. You can find it right above one of the red chairs. See the image below. You must inspect it and get the voice line to get credit.
Walk down the hall to the very end and look to the right to stare at the rabbit person. Shortly thereafter you’ll be able to press to interact with him and that will complete the first section of the game.
Second Train Sequence
You’ll wake up again and follow the rabbit down the hall. At the very end you’ll find Finn. Press to open the door and then press to such up the shadow and end the sequence.
Third Train Sequence
You’ll wake up. Again. Head down to the left to encounter so new friends in masks. This is the first in a series of matching minigames. You’ll need to listen to what the characters say and speak to them in the correct order so that their thoughts make sense. In this case, there’s only two so it’s easy. Speak to them in the following order:
- The Grandma. She’s wearing the pink mask. She will say “You know, I’ve quite forgotten where it is we’re going.”
- The Grandpa. He will say “Sweetheart, you would forget your own head if it wasn’t bolted on.”
Before you move to the next room, make sure to inspect Movie Poster #2/9. It’s once again next to the red chairs.
In the next room, before we do the puzzle, there’s also Movie Poster #3/9. It’s the GASP poster next to the guy with the lion head near the back of the room.
Also, before doing the puzzle, there’s one more miscellaneous achievement we can grab. Moving to the very back of this cabin on the left, near the door, there’s a wooden box with a red handle. Inspect it for an achievement.
Unlocked by 2,649 tracked gamers (87% - TA Ratio = 1.07)
The next section is a bit tougher, but still easy. Talk to them in the following order, starting at the front of the cabin:
- The Lioness. She will say “Steve, are you there?”
- The Lion. He will say “I’m here Annabelle.”
- The Rabbit. He will say “The girl burns bright. Do you know her?”
- The Paper Bag Face. He’s at the back of the cabin. He will say “Know her? Know who?”
- The Old Woman. She says “I might have known wherever you were, you were up to no good.”
- The Pig Boy. He says “Ah, geroff! Miss!”
This completes the puzzle. You can move to the next section. Move all the way through, ignoring all your friends, and, at the end through the door, past a conversation between Scarlett and Finn. As you walk down the next hallway you will see Rabbit #2/7 sitting on the seat in the second room. Pick it up.
Continue down the hallway. You’ll catch up to Finn in the next car and he will turn into a bunch of leaves. On the right is Movie Poster #4/9.
Continuing on, Finn will poof away again in yet another pile of leaves. Just to his left is a room with Rabbit #3/7 sitting on the seat.
Continue through the cars until Finn climbs up a tree. He’ll pull up the ladder and won’t lower it until you provide the password. To get the password you’ll need to find four photos (pictures of all four are below if you prefer that):
- On the back side of the tree you will find the first photo. It’s for the word “Fubor”
- On the wooden wheel just past the tree. It’s for the word “Bluback”
- Against the right wall, in between some windows, is the photo for “Evuber”
- In the back room, the greenhouse, on a shelf just to the right of the doorway is “Wuboods”
When you enter the greenhouse, you’ll unlock a story-related achievement.
Unlocked by 2,913 tracked gamers (96% - TA Ratio = 1.02)
Now before we do the password, there’s a miscellaneous achievement. Near the wooden wheel in the cabin is a tire and a guitar. Inspect the guitar for an achievement.
Unlocked by 2,884 tracked gamers (95% - TA Ratio = 1.02)
Now go to the ladder. The password is Bluback, Wuboods, Fubor, Evuber. Climb up the ladder to reach the treehouse.
After a short bit of dialogue, interact with Finn and choose the Tape option. Just to the left is a shelf. A little gray, ceramic dog has the tape in its mouth. Pick it up and talk to Finn again. He’ll tell you the scissors are in the planetarium. Before we get them, there are three miscellaneous achievements to obtain.
First, we’ll inspect the trophy in the back left corner of the treehouse.
Unlocked by 2,761 tracked gamers (91% - TA Ratio = 1.04)
Next, look to the right and you’ll see a wooden, painted cat on the top shelf. Inspect it for another achievement.
Unlocked by 2,807 tracked gamers (92% - TA Ratio = 1.03)
Now climb up the ladder next to the tree trunk. On the stool at the top is a pair of scissors. You can also inspect the swirling disco thing for the third miscellaneous achievement.
Unlocked by 2,812 tracked gamers (93% - TA Ratio = 1.03)
Now head back down with the two items to talk to Finn. This is a long section. Just do whatever Finn says. You’ll need to follow the button prompts. As part of the process, you’ll eventually unlock a story-related achievement.
Unlocked by 2,861 tracked gamers (94% - TA Ratio = 1.03)
Fourth Train Sequence
When you start, Finn surprisingly runs away. Instead of following, head right. In the closet is a jacket and in the jacket’s pocket you’ll find a key. Pick it up and keep it out (you need it out to unlock the door). Now go back down the hall and Finn will lock the door. Unlock it and enter the next room. In the next room is another matching minigame, but before you do that be sure to inspect the HUSH poster on the left side next to the Lioness for Movie Poster #5/9.
The matching goes in the following order. You’ll begin by going farther down the hall.
- The Lion. He’s sitting on the toilet at the very end of the hall. He says “Why can’t I remember?”
- The Rabbit. He’s right next door in a room. He says “You can. Think hard.”
- The Paper Bag Face. He’s at the very end. He says “Mr. Cartwright, have you seen Scarlett?”
- The Grandpa. He’s in the first room. He says “No, now that you mention it, I haven’t seen her since…I don’t remember.”
- The Pig. He says “Oh! Did you see that? He hit me, miss!”
- The Old Lady. She says “If it wasn’t un-Christian, I’d say that’s been a long time coming.”
- The Grandma. She’s in the next car. She says “Oh thank God! Anna! You’re safe!”
- The Lioness. She says “What’s going on? What are you doing here?”
Continue on into the next car and all the people will be properly placed, as usual. In that room against the left wall you’ll find Movie Poster #6/9.
In the next room, Finn will make a lock. We’ll come back to it. Talk to him through the door and then enter when he runs away. As you walk down the hallway, there are a few items to interact with.
- In the first room is a newspaper. Pick it up.
- Across from the doorway is an open window. Close it.
- In the second room you’ll see Rabbit #4/7 sitting on the table.
- In the third room, you can pick up a sketchbook on the table to unlock the next miscellaneous achievement.
Unlocked by 2,779 tracked gamers (92% - TA Ratio = 1.04)
Now we’ll approach Finn. He’s a bit mad and lights some stuff on here. Here’s what we’ll do:
- Take out the newspaper and interact with the fire to create a torch.
- Turn around and walk all the way back down the hall to the lock Finn created (if you don’t close the window like we did before, the breeze will blow out the fire).
- Light the lock on fire and take the fire extinguisher.
- Go back to the fire and put it out.
Once you put the fire out, be sure to inspect Movie Poster #7/9 on the wall to the left.
Move down the hall and Finn will start another fire. Here you’ll get a new power. It allows you to either take fire or umbra (darkness) and then spit it out somewhere else. Grab the fire here and then walk it down the hall until you see Scarlett crying over a fire pit. Put the fire out here and then climb up the ladder once again.
Unlocked by 2,802 tracked gamers (92% - TA Ratio = 1.04)
The Treehouse Again
This section must be played through twice. It contains a missable, choice-based set of achievements. They are mutually exclusive. To get them in one playthrough (and avoid playing the game again), make sure you do exactly as I say. Once we make the first choice, you’ll immediately quit out and play through again to take the other option.
Luckily, this isn’t time-based. Once you unlock the first achievement you can easily quit out. Just DO NOT talk to Finn.
Enter the treehouse and Finn will need some help. Before we do that, head out on the balcony and take note of Rabbit #5/7. Pick it up if you’ll be playing through again, otherwise it doesn’t matter since you need to replay anyway.
The two options are for either burning everything or saving everything. It’s simple enough.
Catharsis: You’ll go out on the patio and collect fire from the fire pit. Then walk to each burning corner of the treehouse and put the fire there. With all four corners having an extra dose of fire, you’ll get the achievement and you can safely quit out.
Unlocked by 2,425 tracked gamers (80% - TA Ratio = 1.11)
Redemption: Instead, take the fire from each corner and put it in the fire pit, saving everything.
Unlocked by 2,591 tracked gamers (85% - TA Ratio = 1.08)
Make sure you pick up Rabbit #5/7 on the patio. Then talk to Finn to complete this section.
Follow Finn and talk to him at the tent. He’ll send you to hunt for some items. Turn around and walk down the grassy hill toward the broken dock. On the rock next to it you’ll see a four-link paper chain.
Next head down to the raft and to the left in the grass you’ll find a piece of the fountain. Pick it up.
Head back up the hill and take a right at the Y-intersection. You’ll approach a statue and see a stone path leading to the right. Turn right to see a grave with Rabbit #6/7 on it.
Inspecting the grave will unlock a miscellaneous achievement.
Unlocked by 2,729 tracked gamers (90% - TA Ratio = 1.05)
Next approach the statue and look to the ground on the left to see a small paper piece of a sundial.
Inspecting the statue itself also gets another achievement.
Unlocked by 2,759 tracked gamers (91% - TA Ratio = 1.04)
Now head back to the gazebo Finn’s under and this time to up the hill to the right. Inside is the final piece you need and you’ll get a story-related achievement for your trouble.
Unlocked by 2,723 tracked gamers (90% - TA Ratio = 1.05)
Now it’s time to put the pieces in their proper place. Each of these is in the area right in front of Finn. Each time you’ll use to finish the repair:
- The fountain piece goes at the top of the fountain. It’s just at the bottom of the hill you’re walking down.
- The last piece you picked up, the shard of rock, goes in the water vase. The vase is at the front of the clearing.
- The paper chain goes on the left side of the broken bench swing.
- The sundial piece goes on the sundial, which is right in the middle.
Now talk to Finn. There’s an opportunity to get a missable achievement here. Finn will ask you to count to 1000. You’ll do this with the d-pad from a selection of three options. Always pick the highest number to “cheat” and get to 1000 very quickly. In my experience, this was always down on the d-pad, but I’d be careful and double check before you press it just in case. You have plenty (but not infinite) of time.
Unlocked by 2,436 tracked gamers (80% - TA Ratio = 1.11)
Now that creepy rabbit appears. Follow him all the way across the island and through a cave.
The Treehouse Again. For the Third Time
In the doorway is umbra and that’s how you proceed, but don’t touch it yet. There are a few points of interest in here. Wrap around the tree and you’ll find Movie Poster #8/9. It’s called Rabbit Boy.
Next to it, on top of a box, is a camera. Interact with it for a missable achievement.
Unlocked by 2,765 tracked gamers (91% - TA Ratio = 1.04)
Now just to the right of the camera is a battery. Pick it up and then turn around to see a flashlight (part of the makeshift theatre). Put the battery in the flashlight and turn it on. Then walk to the umbra in the doorway and pull it into the light. Walk through the doorway and descend the ladder. As you do, you’ll unlock a story-related achievement.
Unlocked by 2,765 tracked gamers (91% - TA Ratio = 1.04)
The Fifth Train Sequence
As soon as you get to the bottom of the ladder, turn around and you’ll see a poster for 11 Rabbits. That’s a lovely film I bet. It’s also Movie Poster #9/9 and your achievement is here if you’ve been following along.
Unlocked by 2,409 tracked gamers (79% - TA Ratio = 1.12)
Now walk down past the tree trunk to see all the masked characters sitting. Walk to the rabbit and he’ll disappear. Under him is Rabbit #7/7. Your achievement awaits.
Unlocked by 2,393 tracked gamers (79% - TA Ratio = 1.12)
Talk to the Lioness to get things moving. Walk down the hall once you can. On the right, next to where the tree trunk was, you’ll see a window you can open. Make sure you do so as it will let light in so you can defeat the umbra.
Walk up to Grandpa to talk to him and be able to grab the umbra. Do so. You can’t drag it directly to the light. Instead you need to bring it to the trees you passed. The first tree is to your back right as you pull the umbra. Walk along the right side and you’ll get it. This tree is already attached to another on the left, so go to that one and then pull the umbra again to a tree even farther back. From this third tree it’s just a quick jump to the light and the umbra is defeated.
Talk to Grandpa to get a tree which you can plant in the light. Give it life and then climb back up. Finn’s angry at the top. Climb the ladder to go up farther.
Finnland, the Sequel
There’s another matching puzzle across the whole island. Here’s how we’ll tackle it:
- The Pig. He’s next to the raft. He says “I didn’t mean to be mean. I wanted to be friends.”
- The Paper Bag Face. He’s sitting on the swing. He says “Sometimes we push people away without meaning to.”
- The Grandpa. He’s on the way to the dock. He says “I’m sorry. I couldn’t keep them safe.”
- The Lion. He’s near the statue. He says “You did all anyone could do. Thank you for taking care of them.”
- The Grandma. She’s at the Y-intersection. She says “Now that we’re back you’ll stay, won’t you?”
- The Old Lady. She’s at the tower on top of the hill. She says “You have to let go Lucy. Trust your faith and let go.”
- The Lioness. She’s in the clearing. She says “I’m losing him aren’t I? I’m pushing him away.”
- The Rabbit. He says “It’s not too late. His sister holds the key.”
Now head down to the raft and speak with Finn to trigger a cutscene.
The Sixth Train Sequence
Head to the right towards the fire. In this room there are four torches. Each torch reveals an item, once lit. Light all four of them and get all four items. The torches are located as follows.
- In the room with the camp fire. Gives the pocket knife.
- In one of the rooms next to where you spawned. Gives the model car.
- Just past the rooms. Gives the book.
- At the very back. Gives homework.
Now you’ll give the items to the four characters sitting around the fire like so:
- Homework to the Old Lady.
- Model car to the Pig.
- Book to the Grandma.
- Pocket knife to the Grandpa.
Now all that’s left is to continue all the way to the end, talking and interacting with the obvious objects. When you get back to the treehouse, at one point you will need to draw and then place the drawing on the face of the Lioness, then give it life. The final achievement pops after the credits roll.
Unlocked by 2,713 tracked gamers (89% - TA Ratio = 1.05)
That’s the end of the game and your completion!
Find anything you think is wrong with this walkthrough? Help us fix it by posting in its Walkthrough Thread
This walkthrough is the property of TrueAchievements.com. This walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. TrueAchievements.com and its users have no affiliation with any of this game's creators or copyright holders and any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.