3. Story walkthrough
You can get 3 of the achievements in the first level of 'Hell on Earth'
I’m too young to die difficulty. You don’t have to pick up the items for them to count you just have to walk over them. The list below will show you how to 100% this level. (This list was provided by https://www.trueachievements.com/Nevander.htm from X360A with permission.)
- Turn around at the start to find a chainsaw around the corner, at the start.
- Two zombies in front of you in the first room.
- Pistol clip, in the left corner, first room.
- Armor bonus, in the right corner, first room.
- Health pickup, behind right support, first room.
- Enter room on the left in the green hallway, has blue floor.
- Four zombies on raised platforms, blue floored room.
- Press right button first, then left button, on the raised platforms, same room.
- Secret room opens in back right corner, two health pickups and a green armor.
- Continue down hallway, eight blue health vials at the end.
- One zombie in hallway to the right, before the vials.
- Zombie on the lift to the right, in the last room, has brown walls and floor.
- Health pickup on lift where that zombie was.
- Imp in a cage in back left corner.
- Go up lift, press use on wall behind lift, door opens at the top, press switch.
- Run off the lift and land on the top of the square light below you.
- Go back to the health vials, secret area opens with a rocket launcher.
- Go back to the last room; go to the back right corner, to the right of the Imp, a door leading outside should be open.
- Shotgun and shotgun shells in the back right corner as soon as you go outside.
- Press (A) on the wall to the right of the Imp, secret compartment should open which contains one health pickup.
- Inside EXIT room, three big health kits and one pistol clip.
Once you finish the level 3 achievements will unlock.
Unlocked by 21,058 tracked gamers (88% - TA Ratio = 1.06)
Unlocked by 23,308 tracked gamers (97% - TA Ratio = 1.01)
Unlocked by 12,986 tracked gamers (54% - TA Ratio = 1.35)
Go back to level one and pick up the chainsaw, then run through the level. At the start of the next level pull out the chainsaw and kill everything you see with it.
Unlocked by 10,667 tracked gamers (44% - TA Ratio = 1.49)
Now play though the game untill you get to level 8 'Tricks and Traps'. Wacth the video below and at 1:18 the player picks up the BFG which is needed for an achievement. (Note: The player is on Ultra-Violence but can be done on any difficulty.)
Unlocked by 8,643 tracked gamers (36% - TA Ratio = 1.66)
Ok on the same level is the first time you can get
Unlocked by 4,826 tracked gamers (20% - TA Ratio = 2.22)
but this can be hard here.The easiest way to do the achievement is at the super secret level in 'Level 15: The Industrial Zone'.
Watch the videos below as they show it very well.
The first video shows you how to get to Secret Level 1
The second video shows you how to go from Secret Level 1 to Secret Level 2
Now just play through the rest of the campaign untill you complete it for the next achievement.
Unlocked by 4,501 tracked gamers (19% - TA Ratio = 2.30)
Ok now go onto the other campagin 'No Rest for the Living' on 'I'm too young to die'
At the start of the level pick up the beserk powerup andgo to town on everything in site. If you fail just load the level up agian.
Unlocked by 5,320 tracked gamers (22% - TA Ratio = 2.11)
Now on this campagin there are no more achievements untill you finish it so just run through the rest of it.
Unlocked by 5,395 tracked gamers (22% - TA Ratio = 2.10)
Before you go onto 'Ultra-Violence' load up 'Hell on Earth' on 'Nightmare' difficulty.
At the start turn around and get the chainsaw. Keep it revving for the whole level and just run through everything in your way. You can complete the level in 30 seconds.
Unlocked by 11,808 tracked gamers (49% - TA Ratio = 1.42)
Now you move on to Ultra-Violence. This is very hard and will take some skill and time. You can save at any point during the game so make use of this feature alot if you want to get this done. The bigger the weapon the better. Secret levels aren't needed. You MUST do both campaigns on 'Ultra-Violence' to get the achievement. Chainsaw pink demons when possible to save ammo. Below is a link to the Doom 2 wiki and some videos for both campaigns.
Hell on Earth:
These speedrun videos will help you identify switch locations, key locations, and basic enemy layout. Thank you to zonekid on YouTube for posting these and Drew 'stx-Vile' DeVore for doing the speedruns.
No Rest for the Living:
And a speedrun playlist thanks to plasmagrab on YouTube
If you prefer embedded, here are the vids.
(either the one above or the one below, for the same level)
And for the secret level in case you want it:
After which you'll finally unlock:
Unlocked by 2,575 tracked gamers (11% - TA Ratio = 3.04)
Find anything you think is wrong with this walkthrough? Help us fix it by posting in its Walkthrough Thread
This walkthrough is the property of TrueAchievements.com. This walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. TrueAchievements.com and its users have no affiliation with any of this game's creators or copyright holders and any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.