Jahara, Land of the Garif
The next portion of the game involves you setting out to Jahara, Land of the Garif. But there are a number of things you could do from when you gain control of your party.
You pick up back in Rabanastre's Muthruu Bazaar. Start off by heading up to the Clan Hall and speaking to Montblanc. He'll give you at least two rewards:
- For defeating the Demon Wall (Optional): 1,200 Gil, Electrum
- For defeating the Demon Wall (Mandatory): 600 Gil, Warp Mote
- For defeating and commanding an Esper (Belias): Arcana x2, Teleport Stones x2.
(Don't sell the Electrum or Arcana, they'll come in useful for creating specific Bazaar packages.)
You can also pick up Hunt 36: Paradise Risen from Montblanc. This involves hunting the Gil Snapper, but save actually doing this hunt until you around level 40 and have access to (at least) Thundara.
Now would be a good time to go and complete a number of Hunts, and initiate some (by talking to Petitioners) so you can tackle them when you're strong enough.
If you've followed the guide so far, your Hunts list should look like this:
- Completed: 01, 02, 04, 05.
- In Progress: 33, 34.
Your Clan Rank should be Rear Guard.
From here, you can do the following:
- Complete the following hunts:
- Hunt 03: Dalmasca's Desert Bloom (Flowering Cactoid - Rank I) (This hunt is part of the Desert Patient Side Quest.)
- (Elite Mark) Hunt 33: Little Love on the Big Plains (Cluckatrice, Chickatrice - Rank I)
- (Elite Mark) Hunt 34: The Cry of Its Power (Rocktoise - Rank I)
- Your Clan Rank will now be Rear Guard.
- Pick up and speak to the Petitioners of the following Hunts:
- Hunt 10: The Defense of Ozmone Plain (Enkelados - Rank II)
- Complete the following Hunts:
- Hunt 11: A Ring in the Rain (Croakadile - Rank II).
- Hunt 08: Scream from the Sky (Wyvern Lord - Rank II) (This is a Flying enemy.)
- Your Clan Rank will now be Vanguard.
- Pick up and speak to the Petitioners of the following Hunts:
- Hunt 06: Lost in the Pudding (White Mousse - Rank V)
- Hunt 07: For Whom the Wyrm Tolls (Ring Wyrm - Rank III)
- Hunt 09: A Tingling Toast (Marilith - Rank V)
- Speak to Montblanc to receive the following rewards:
- For reaching Hedge Knight: Warp Mote x2, Teleport Stone x2
- For reaching Rear Guard: Remedy x3, Teleport Stone x2
- For reaching Vanguard: Hi-Potion x3, Teleport Stone x2
Your updated Hunts List at this point should be:
- Completed: Hunt 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 08, 11, 33 and 34.
- In Progress: 06, 07, 09 and 10.
Your rank should be Vanguard.
Refer to the Clan Centurio page for information about reaching specific Clan Ranks if you need more information. Information about all of the Hunts is available from the respective Hunt pages.
Be aware that entering the Giza Plains will present you with the Giza Plains (Rainy Season). Once you have reached Eruyt Village, a cycle between the Dry and Rainy Seasons will begin. There is 1 hour of the rainy season followed by 2 hours of the dry season.
You can then talk to the Clan Provisioner in the Muthruu Bazaar for the following items (this is the complete list of available items at this point if you're at the Clan Rank of Vanguard):
- Decoy 2000 Gil
- Oil 800 Gil
- Gauntlets 1200 Gil
- Drain 3000 Gil
This is a list of all of the Magicks and Technicks that are available to you at this point:
|White Magick||Black Magick||Time Magick||Green Magick||Arcane Magick||Technicks|
- First Aid
You can purchase all of these from Yugri's Magicks/Batahn's Technicks, except Decoy, Oil, and Drain. It's a good idea to purchase as many as possible.
The additional Magicks and Technicks you should have picked up along the way are:
- Silence (from either Dalmasca Estersand - Yarding Labyrinth, or Lhusu Mines - Shaft Entry)
- Poison (from Dalmasca Estersand - Sand-swept Naze)
- Blind (Giza Plains (Dry) - Toam Hills)
- Numerology (Lhusu Mines - Transitway 1)
- Sleep (Ogir-Yensa Sandsea - Platform 1 - East Tanks)
- Infuse (Ogir-Yensa Sandsea - Platform 1 - East Tanks)
- Reflect (Ogir-Yensa Sandsea - Primary Tank Complex)
- Dispel (Tomb of King Raithwall - Royal Passage)
- Vanish (Tomb of King Raithwall - Royal Passage)
- Shades of Black (Tomb of King Raithwall - Cloister of Flame)
If you got Silence from the Lhusu Mines, it won't appear in the Dalmasca Estersand and vice versa.
You'll also be able to get some of the Forgotten Grimoires by this point as well. You can also make progress on the Desert Patient Side Quest after completing Hunts 03 and 05.
When you're ready to head out, go to Rabanastre's South Gate and out to the Giza Plains. Don't forget to save!
Giza Plains (Rainy Season)
Recommended level: 18-22
The Mardu Entite only spawns in the Toam Hills. The Storm Elemental will spawn in one of three places: North Bank, South Bank or Warrior's Wash. Using Magick near them will cause them to attack you. They are too strong for you to kill right now, so stay away from them.
The Rain Dancer spawns in one of three places - South Bank/Warrior's Wash/Toam Hills. Has a 20% chance of spawning in any of the three zones. It spawns around level 23-24, and is weak to Thunder, meaning you could take it down.
The Giza Plains is now in it's Rainy Season. It will stay like this until you've progressed further into the story. If you've followed the above, you've already been in the Giza Plains to complete Hunt 11. So head down to the Nomad Village and pick up Regen (1 on the map). This is an incredibly useful spell. Travel down to the Crystal Glade area, and speak to Nanau. This will allow you to kick off Hunt 36 (if you haven't already). You won't be completing the Hunt yet, as you're not strong enough. What you can do, is perform the next part of the quest, which will then allow you to access the Gil Snapper when you're strong enough.
There are 6 Withered Trees around the Giza Plains, and you need to go and knock them all down. There's one in each of the following areas:
- Throne Road
- Nomad Village
- Gizas North Bank
- Crystal Glade
- Starfall Field
- Toam Hills
Once you've knocked down all of the Withered Trees, you can't do much else here, so head down to the Ozmone Plain.
Recommended Level 20-24
- Bull Croc (Rare enemy)
- Aeros (Rare enemy)
The Sylphi Entite spawns at level 45, making it too hard to fight. Don't use Magick near it and you'll be fine.
The location of the Hybrid Gator will differ depending on the time on the game clock. It will appear in the Switchback when the number of minutes is between 1 and 15, in the Dagan Flats between 16 and 30, in the Field of Light Winds between 31 and 45 minutes and in the Greensnake zone between 45 and 60/0 minutes.
The Bull Croc spawns in The Shred. Has a 20% chance of spawning, and spawns around level 23/24, meaning you could take it down. It's weak to the Earth Element. Defeating the Bull Croc will spawn the Aeros, which is also round level 23-24. It's weak to Thunder.
The Garif isn't technically an enemy, but you need to kill one for the Bestiary entry. The Garif are found in The Greensnake. Keep running between both the north and west entrance, leaving and re-entering until a Garif appears.
There are three Espers that are now available to try and defeat, but it's not recommended, as they are far too powerful:
- Adrammelech, the Wroth - Zertinan Caverns
- Zalera, the Death Seraph - Barheim Passage (won't be able to access yet anyway)
- Cúchulainn, the Impure - Garamsythe Waterway.
You enter the Ozmone Plain in the Field of Fallen Wings. The Ozmone Plain is the first location where you will fight flying enemies. You cannot hit them with regular weapons. The flying enemy here is called Zu. The best way to deal with the Zu is to either have party members who can use weapons that will hit it:
- Machinist (Guns)
- Time Battlemage (Crossbows)
- Archer (Bow)
- Uhlan (Spears)
Magick can also be used to. For party members with the jobs and weapons above, you can set a Gambit to be Foe: flying > Attack. And Magick users could have Foe: flying > Thunder (for example, the Zu is weak to Earth, which is a very hard element to find on weapons, and there's no Earth Magick). This will, hopefully, help take down the Zu. Otherwise, you can just flee to avoid them.
There's nothing important to pick up in the Ozmone Plain, so you want to head straight for Jahara. The quickest route is Field of Fallen Wings to The Switchback to Haulo Green.
Jahara, Land of the Garif
When you get to Jahara, you'll be introduced to the Garif. A humanoid race who worship Magicite. Use the Orange Save crystal. There's a Cartographer's Guild Moogle selling two maps:
- Ozmone Plain for 1700 Gil
- Jahara for 30 Gil
Purchase them if you wish, and then speak to the Garif blocking the bridge. You'll get a couple of cutscenes and then be introduced to War-chief Supinelu.
You'll be in an area called Lull of the Land. After speaking to Supinelu, you'll need to go and speak to High-chief Zayalu. You'll receive a Jaya Stick that you'll need to give to Supinelu.
There's a trader here, and if you go to him to sell loot, do not sell the Jaya Stick. At most, you may want to upgrade weapons, armor and purchase items from the trader.
Speak to Supinelu and give him the Jaya Stick. Choose to meet with the Great-chief to initiate a cutscene. By the end of all of this, Larsa will join your group as a guest again, and you'll be informed that you need to head to Mt. Bur-Omisace. (It's quite a journey to get there!)
Giving Supinelu the Jaya Stick will reward you with a Recurve Bow and a Quiver of Onion Bolts. You'll also get access to one free Chocobo ride from Gurdy. Before doing that, speak to Low-chief Sugumu to start Hunt 10.
It's up to you whether you wish to use your free Chocobo ride, but if you don't, you can use the journey to gain some EXP and LP.
One thing to do with Larsa in your party is to modify his Gambit that uses Hi-Potions. This is because he will use up your inventory of Hi-Potions, which can leave you in a difficult situation if you're not careful.
You could also take the time to complete Hunt 10: The Defense of Ozmone Plain (Enkelados - Rank II) because, with Larsa, it becomes a lot easier to complete.
You'll be making your way from the Ozmone Plain to the Golmore Jungle. The quickest way to do that is to go from Haulo Green to The Switchback, then to The Greensnake, then to Field of Light Winds, and ending up at the Sunlit Path. You'll have a cutscene upon reaching the Sunlit Path. Use the Save Crystal here and proceed to the Golmore Jungle.
Find anything you think is wrong with this walkthrough? Help us fix it by posting in its Walkthrough Thread
This walkthrough is the property of TrueAchievements.com. This walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. TrueAchievements.com and its users have no affiliation with any of this game's creators or copyright holders and any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.