At first I would advise you to complete the tutorial witch will give you an understanding of the controls and how to use some of the editors features.
From the main menu go to "Forge" - "Tutorials" and start the tutorial. Completing that will earn you:
Now starts the actual building part.
From the main menu go to "Forge" - "Build", chose Alpine as your map and start it.
Now click on the "Globe" in the top right corner and select "Lighting" - "Theme/Skybox" and there just change it to something else.
You should see the sky change and you'll earn:
For the next achievements follow those steps, each of them will unlock an achievement, but if it isn't listed immediately after the step, we'll unlock it later:
- Go to the "+" icon on the upper right - "Gameplay" - "Vehicles" - "Land" and place 5 Warthogs. (You can place any 5 vehicles you want, but that’s what I did, also left click the vehicle and press CTRL+D on your keyboard to duplicate it, to save you time).
- Go to the "+" icon on the upper right - "Gameplay" - "Shields" - "Two way" and pick any of the shields there and place it somewhere. Now click the shield with your left mouse button and press "P" on your keyboard to open the properties of the shield. There go to "Scripts" and add a script. Left click the script, go to condition, press "<" until you get "spawned" as your condition. Now add "move off set" as the action and change the value of x, y or z, i just put "2" as the x value.
- Go to the "+" icon on the upper right - "Props" - "Barrels" and place a barrel on the ground. Left click it and press "P" on your keyboard to get to the barrel’s properties, go to colors there and change it to any color you want, that will unlock
Modify the COLOR, MATTE/METALLIC, or MATERIALS properties of an object.
- Go to the "+" icon on the upper right - "Gameplay" - "Weapons" - "UNSC" - "Rocket Launchers" and put a SPKNR (Standard) on the ground, go back and to "Battlerifles", place a Halo 2 BR on the ground, go back and to "Magnums", place a Halo 1 Magnum on the ground.
- Go to the "Globe-icon" on the upper right, scroll down to "Referenced colors" and change it to something else, that will give you:
- Go to the "+" icon on the upper right - "Extras" - "Cameras/Animations", place a camera somewhere on the map, place an animation location somewhere on the map.
- Go to the "+" icon on the upper right - "Props" - "Boxes" and place a box on the ground. Now click the box and press CTRL+D on your keyboard to duplicate the box until you have 50-60 boxes. (Either count or take a look at "Objects" counter in the bottom right.)
- Now press "ESC" on your keyboard and save the map and give it a name that you will recognize, because we will need it later. This will get you all the achievements mentioned above, that didn't unlock immediately:
Create a map in Forge Mode with 5 or more vehicles.
Create a Forge Map containing an object scripted to move.
Create a map containing a Halo 2 BR, Halo 1 Magnum, and SPNKR Rocket Launcher.
Create a Camera and Animation Location on a Forge Map.
There is an error in the achievement description of the "Setting the Stage" achievement.
It reads "Create a Forge Map with 50 or more Props." but if you look at it in the Win 10 Xbox App it shows it actually is "Create 50 Forge Maps with 50 or more Props each."
Seems like a pain doesn’t it? Luckily it isn’t. CTRL+S also saves your map. And every save you make, of a map with at least 50 props, counts towards this achievement. So what you want to do is left click your box and press CTRL+D to duplicate it,after you did that, press CTRL+S to save your "new map". So what this comes down to is more or less just spamming CTRL+D and CTRL+S alternately until you get the achievement.
It didn’t unlock for me somehow but after I restarted the game and checked on the Win10 Xbox App I saw it had unlocked without popping up so check that if it doesn’t pop for you! You now have:
Back out to the main menu now and go to "Forge" - "My Data" and select the map you just saved. Choose custom game and a game mode, I used griffball but it shouldn't matter. Now start the match and once you can move press "ESC" and quit. This will get you:
Play a Custom Game by yourself on a map you created.
From the main menu, go to "Forge" - "Most liked", click any map (maps are the blue ones, check the legend on the right) and bookmark it. If doesn’t pop then, try to remove and add the bookmark again or to like it. You will get:
For the last achievement you can do solo you need to create a screenshot of your map, so first make sure you have Game DVR activated. To check go to the Win10 Xbox App and go to settings on the bottom of the taskbar to the left. There go to Game DVR and make sure its activated.
Now go back to the game and load up your map. Once you can forge again, press the Windowskey+G on your keyboard and a little window should pop up. Press the icon that looks like a camera to take a screenshot. Quit the game and go back to the Xbox App and to your Game DVR (below achievements in the left sidebar) to upload your screenshot. After that’s done go back to the game. From the main menu go to "My Data" select your map and under owner click "Link screenshot" - "PC", select your screenshot, save it and close it, now you have:
Attach a screenshot to your Forge Map.
That’s all, off to the multiplayer now!
Find anything you think is wrong with this walkthrough? Help us fix it by posting in its Walkthrough Thread
This walkthrough is the property of TrueAchievements.com. This walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. TrueAchievements.com and its users have no affiliation with any of this game's creators or copyright holders and any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.