4. List of Typhon and how best to kill them
There are several types of Typhon found around Talos I and if underestimated they can kill you very easily. This is a page to describe the enemies and how best to deal with them:
- Mimic and Greater Mimic - These are the most common Typhon found around Talos I. This Typhon can blend in with the environment and can take any shape they wish. By themselves they pose little danger, however when a group of them attack they can be devastating. Using the wrench is the easiest method to take 1 or 2 Mimics down easily, however when dealing with larger numbers use the G.L.O.O gun to immobilise them to control them and take down one by one. The Greater Mimic's are slightly larger and have a bigger health pool but are essentially the same enemy. If you can identify either of these from a distance whilst they are disguised a single pistol shot will usually kill a normal Mimic and cause significant damage to a Greater Mimic.
- Phantom - These are the basic variant of this particular Typhon. Use the G.L.O.O gun to immobilise this enemy, then charge your wrench to hit it twice causing it to be knocked onto the floor allowing an easy kill. Alternatively sneak up behind this and a single shot from the shotgun will usually be enough to kill them.
- Voltaic Phantom - These are the electric variant of the Phantom. Either sneak up on them and use your shotgun to cause significant damage, or use an EMP charge/Nullwave Transmitter to control its abilities and kill it with the wrench. Alternatively sneak up behind this and a single shot from the shotgun will usually be enough to damage it significantly. Quickly shoot it once more to kill it.
- Thermal Phantom - These are the fire variant of the Phantom. These can very easily kill you and both their melee and fire burst cause significant damage. Use the Nullwave transmitter to stop its abilities, or use a turret to distract the enemy allowing you to get free hits on it to kill it easily enough. Alternatively sneak up behind this and a single shot from the shotgun will usually be enough to damage it significantly. Quickly shoot it once more to kill it.
- Etheric Phantom - This is similar in appearance to the Voltaic Phantom - Use the same method as the Voltaic Phantom to kill them easily enough. Alternatively sneak up behind this and a single shot from the shotgun will usually be enough to damage it significantly. Quickly shoot it once more to kill it.
- Corrupted Operators - These come in various formats, some will shoot electric bolts and others fire. They are both fairly easy to deal with, either use a shotgun or a charged wrench attack to kill these quickly. If you have a high enough Hacking skill you can also sneak up on these and get them to work for you. If you use an EMP this will knock them down for approximately 5 seconds allowing an easy kill.
- Poltergeist - This is an extremely annoying Typhon that will be invisible for the majority of the time. It can lift you in the air, slamming you against the ceiling causing you to die very easily. Use the Psychoscope to track this enemy and use your G.L.O.O gun to immobilise it before using the shotgun or wrench to quickly dispatch it. Alternatively use your pistol from distance to chip away its health and keep you safe.
- Cystoid Nests + Cystoids - The Cystoid Nests are found in several areas of Talos I. If you walk in close proximity they will emanate radiation and then explode Cystoids. The Cystoids will chase after you and set fire to themselves, if they get close to you they will explode causing minimal damage but will also poison you with radiation. Use the radiation as an indication that the nests are nearby. The best weapon is a pistol, combine this with the Psychoscope to allow you to zoom in to pick these off at a long distance. You can also use Explosive Canisters and the flammable pipes to cause flames to take care of these, or a turret will easily dispatch these.
- Technopath - This is a tough Typhon, especially at the beginning of the game. They will usually have a number or turrets or operators around helping them. This enemy uses an EMP charge to disable your weapons and cause damage to Morgan. Use the Disruptor Gun or G.L.O.O gun to stun it and then hit it with the shotgun to cause damage. The Nullwave Transmitter is also useful against these to control the EMP bursts. The Q-Beam is also very useful against this Typhon.
- Weaver - This is a yellow/gold coloured floating Typhon, it will shoot Cystoids out against you. The easiest way to kill these is to use the Q-Beam.
- Telepath - This is a large floating beholder type Typhon that will mind-control humans. It will get the humans to attack you as well as shooting out a purple projectile to cause damage. The best thing to do is to either lure it by itself with a pistol and hope you have turrets nearby, or use the Disruptor gun to stun it. The Q-Beam is also very useful against this Typhon.
- Mind-Controlled humans - These will be under control by a Telepath the majority of the time. If you can kill the Telepath it will cause the humans under its control to become unconscious. The best method is to use the Disruptor gun to stun them, if they get too close they will kill themselves by exploding their heads.
- Nightmare - The hardest Typhon in the game - If you obtain 3 Typhon abilities this will cause the Nightmare to spawn, they also spawn sporadically throughout the game. Once they spawn you have 3 minutes to kill or evade this enemy. If you want to take it on the best method is to either use a fully upgraded pistol, shotgun, or the Q-Beam does a wonderful job of taking it down.
Find anything you think is wrong with this walkthrough? Help us fix it by posting in its Walkthrough Thread
This walkthrough is the property of TrueAchievements.com. This walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. TrueAchievements.com and its users have no affiliation with any of this game's creators or copyright holders and any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.