This review is a very 1 sided review and is a very personal opinion.
DO NOT GET OR TRY THIS GAME!!!!
Pro Evolution 2012 GOOD Points
- Good Graphics
- Change gameplay speed settings
- In store market where you can buy balls etc etc
- Nice community built into the game where you can view other peoples highlights etc
Now enough of the soppy crap
Pro Evolution 2012 BAD Points (AI)
The game is horrificly stupid...ill give cases in hand
1. You can literally WALK round the goalkeeper
2. When you select a player to go and head towards someone to tackle them the AI after about 0.5 seconds will choose someone the AI thinks should tackle them rather than your choice even after auto-switching is OFF
3. Shooting is insanely annoying, ive ran in on a 1v1 with the goalkeeper and aimed to plant in at the right side of the goal...the AI on the other hand thinks that the goalkeeper is the back of the net. I thought this was due to shoot assit on so i turned it off, its a very very VERY small improvement but still prefers kicking it at the goalkeeper. Also the power gauge is very mis-leading as a tiny flick of the button can cause the ball to rocket over the ball yet at times a nearly full powerd blast can go no higher than knee height. Other times its just pot luck.
5. Passing/Through balls are a joke, players can make passes through the opposition to their team mates
6. Tackling is a complete shambles as NOTHING WORKS!, i have used the AI pressure feature and i get walked over, the AI runs at me and knocks the ball a flick to the right and me or the AI just cant get it, but when i run at the AI and do a diagonal dash to get past im instantly blocked by the man with 3meter legs. Sliding is also a sham as even when you win the ball you will undoubtably give away a free kick, even if they have gone past you
7. Skills lack incredibly as they also suck. They are to slow and hardly ever work.
8. The AI can chase you down instantly even if he fell over, went to a club, slept with a chick and came back to the pitch...he will still catch you up
There are so so so many flaws with Pro Evo 2012 the list is really endless.
I would STRONGLY ADVISE you DO NOT RENT/BUY this game, sorry Konami, but you fucked up, your lucky i have to give this a score