24. Score Attack (includes Baba Yaga Score Attack)
What do gamers hate? Loot boxes.
What do achievement hunters love? A good exploit.
Well you're in luck as we can exploit the card packs in the game so that we will spend very little (or even gain) credits to earn a majority of the cards. Now I would recommend you finish the story first as it gives you free card packs and credits. Playing other Tomb Raider games can also give you free card packs.
There is an achievement for collecting 300 of them:
Unlocked by 576 tracked gamers (11% - TA Ratio = 2.99)
Now to start exploiting:
- Open bronze packs (we won't be opening any other packs)
- Sell any gold or platinum (blue) cards while keeping any bronze and silver cards. This will eventually cause bronze and silver cards to stop dropping.
- Once you start getting all gold or better cards, sell 3 golds (or a gold and a platinum) from each pack that you open. Since the bronze pack cost 5000 credits and the combination of cards sell for 4800 credits, you will be getting 2-3 gold cards for 200 credits.
- If you start running low on credits, sell 4 gold cards (or 2 golds and a platinum) and you'll be gaining 1400 credits each time.
- Eventually all gold cards will be gone and you'll only get platinum cards. When that happens sell 2 platinum cards until your inventory is full. This will give you 1400 credits for each pack you open.
For these achievements, go to "Expeditions", change "Mode" to "Score Attack", change "Level" to whichever you want to attempt, and change "Difficulty" to "Survivor".
Next are challenges. You will need to complete three of these in one run to unlock:
Unlocked by 807 tracked gamers (16% - TA Ratio = 2.53)
If you are going to chose a II or III tier challenge, make sure to select the lower tiers. If you are going to select "Deathless" or "Deathless Survivor", make sure to select both. Other than those tips, look through the challenges and select the ones that seem easy to complete.
After earning the achievement, challenges only earn you credits.
Now for the cards. You will need to combine multiple cards in order to reach a score bonus of 200% or more, after completing the level you will unlock:
Unlocked by 803 tracked gamers (16% - TA Ratio = 2.53)
Note that cards that work against the player will increase the card bonus and cards that work in the player's favor will lower the card bonus. These will help you reach the gold scores as long as you chose the right cards. Here are a list of the most useful cards:
- Armor-Plated (100%)
- Enemies have double their base armor strength
- This one is child's play because of the "Toxicity" card
- First Aid (100%)
- Health regeneration is disabled, use bandages to heal
- Survivor difficulty will apply these rules anyways
- Grip (100%)
- Hold to hang from ledges
- I don't recommend this as it works horribly while climbing a small ledge and you'll forget about this at the worst time. However, this is a good 100% bonus if you are willing to put up with it.
- One Life to Live (100%)
- Dying ends the replay immediately
- Works well with the "Deathless" challenges. Deaths also decrease score and stop multipliers so we want as little deaths as possible.
- If you do happen to almost die and you have a score you want to keep, you can quickly pause the game and restart at last checkpoint. Again, this will lose a few points and stop any multiplier that you have.
- Evasive Maneuvers (50%)
- Enemies will always dodge melee attacks
- The "Toxicity" card will make melee unnecessary.
- Flammable (50%)
- Take extra damage from fire
- We will be avoiding taking damage as much as possible
- Frailty (50%)
- Health reduced
- We will be avoiding taking damage as much as possible.
- Holstered (50%)
- Reduced pistol damage
- We won't be using pistols
- Iron Fist (50%)
- Enemy melee attacks deal more damage
- We will be killing enemies before they get too close
- Toxicity (-50%)
- Grants unlimited poison arrows
- Allows us to take out huge groups of enemies as well as enemies around a corner. The negative bonus will be neglected by other positive bonuses.
Each level has its own spoiler tag which contains the gold score, the video's score, and a video of YouTube user Icarus Wing's run with a gold score (which I had no part in making and all credit for said videos goes to them).
If you want to see how high your score needs to be, use this equation:
Gold Score / ( (100 + Card Bonus) / 100)
So if I need a score of 100,000 and my card bonus is 150%:
100,000 / ( (100 + 150) / 100) = 40,000
Which means I only need to end the round with 40,000 points. I found that as long as you follow the video, you can achieve the needed points in less than half of the video's time.
Thankfully on the Xbox 360 version, the Score Attack achievements are far easier and only 10 (unique) levels need to be completed with a gold score. So you could focus on getting gold on the optional tombs and the Baba Yaga levels (which is also required for an achievement). While coasting through the rest of the levels which should still be easily enough for a bronze score.
Here are the videos for each level anyway:
The Prophet's Tomb
Unlocked by 654 tracked gamers (13% - TA Ratio = 2.81)
Voice of God
The Copper Mill
The Red Mine
The Prophet's Blessing
Unlocked by 409 tracked gamers (8% - TA Ratio = 3.56)
House of the Afflicted
Catacomb of the Sacred Waters
The Pit of Judgement
Baths of Kitezh
Path of the Deathless
Gate of Kitezh
Chamber of Exorcism
Outskirts of Kitezh
The Lost City
Chamber of Souls
Unlocked by 377 tracked gamers (7% - TA Ratio = 3.70)
Baba Yaga Score Attacks
Return to Wicked Vale
Unlocked by 423 tracked gamers (50% - TA Ratio = 2.22)
Unlocked by 267 tracked gamers (31% - TA Ratio = 2.80)
Find anything you think is wrong with this walkthrough? Help us fix it by posting in its Walkthrough Thread
This walkthrough is the property of TrueAchievements.com. This walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. TrueAchievements.com and its users have no affiliation with any of this game's creators or copyright holders and any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.