A great buy for newcomers and fans alike.
The Silent Hill HD Collection includes both Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 with new voice acting and brand spanking new HD sounds and graphics. Although what confused me is that it never included the very first Silent Hill in HD.
Released around the same time with the latest installment on the Silent Hill Franchise, Silent Hill Downpour. This is a great package that all gamers should have in their gaming collection. The two Silent Hill games that are included in this bundle are by far the greatest and scariest horror games ever made, with dark corridors, strange monsters and a host of weird, dark and quirky characters.
Silent Hill 2.
The story of Silent Hill 2 starts off when James gets a mysterious letter from his dead wife asking him to come and meet her in Silent Hill. Curious as to who really sent the letter, James goes to Silent Hill to investigate but finds out Silent Hill is a abandoned town with few remaining survivors left in this hellish town that is plagued by monsters.
Silent Hill 3.
The story of Silent Hill 3 starts off with Heather the main character in a mall. She wakes up after having a dream about monsters, she then goes to leave the mall finding it now abandoned an empty except for a cop and a woman named Claudia, with monsters infesting the mall. Claudia claims that Heather is salvation and then mysteriously disappears, the only way to find out what is going on is to go to the ghost town called Silent Hill where the mysterious Claudia awaits.
- Two games in one!
- Both games have a really good powerful and emotional story behind them.
- Two of the greatest horrors ever made.
- Brand new voice acting. (You can still listen to the original voice acting in Silent Hill 2 but not Silent Hill 3.)
- Revamped cult classics return.
- The new sounds can crackle instead of sounding how their meant to sound. Example, when using the machine gun in Silent Hill 3 all your can hear is crackling instead of the machine guns sound effect.
- Frame rate issues. When unlocking achievements the frame rate drops to about 1 - 3 frames per second, but after roughly a minute it fixes itself. It can also do it randomly whilst playing the game, and it always manages to do it on the ranking page for your stats once you've completed the game.