6. Easy Playthrough
This playthrough will see us aiming to get some achievements that couldn't be done in the Normal run. Here we will be making sure that Egil survives the entire game and that Alette does not cause harm to any human or varl. We will also be working on both Quartermaster (for getting through the game without anybody dying of starvation) and Forced March for reaching the final city of Boersgard within 120 days.
For Quartermaster, you will want to purchase all supplies whenever you get the chance to visit a market. It doesn't matter if the exchange rate is terrible so long as you keep your stock high. When in chapters four and six, refer to the random events page for the best outcomes in terms of gaining/losing supplies. Over the course of the game try to conserve as much renown as possible and only upgrade specific units that you plan to use in the final battle. Units I recommend focusing on are:
- Gunnulf - Rank 4 (5 at end game for Bellower is good with Dundr's Hand to end it quickly)
- Iver - Rank 3
- Mogr - Rank 3
- Rook - Rank 3
- Alette - Rank 3
- Oddleif - Rank 3
- Egil - Rank 4
All other characters can remain at rank 1. If you need to, it's fine to bump them to rank 2 if only to give them extra exertion points.
Forced March will see you get through the game resting as little as possible and never wasting a day. When it comes to random events in chapters four and six, always go with the options that lose the least amount of days.
To keep both Egil alive and Alette innocent, you will need to make specific choices in a few of the chapters. Other than these specific choices, the rest of the game should be played the same as the Normal playthrough. Refer to that page when making your choices for scripted events.
Below is a breakdown of the chapters and what must be done to ensure success with Egil and Alette as well as choice changes to help with Quartermaster.
- After the battle when you first meet Iver and Egil choose to Keep Watch after which Alette will be attacked. Choose 'Shoot it with an arrow.' then 'Stop thinking, shoot the Dredge.'. This is the only way to keep Egil alive here.
- After gaining Hogun and Mogun, some men will want to leave. Choose to remind everyone they are free to do as the please to gain renown and morale without losing supplies.
- When you arrive at Frostvellr make these choices - Rest House: Tend to wounded - Wait and we'll confront them - Why shouldn't we just take this cart ourselves - Can you get us into the city - I think we'll just take this cart ourselves instead. This leads to two battles, do not bring Alette to either fight.
- When speaking to Ekkill after the two fights chose to fend for yourself inside Frostvellr.
- During the scripted event where Gunnulf tries to save a cart, tell your people 'Try to cover it up and come back later.'. This will save you half a day.
- When a scripted event tells you of smoke rising from the trees, say it isn't worth the risk to do nothing saving yourself half a day. You can opt to battle if you like though.
- If you went with the choices I set for chapter two, you should start this chapter with a battle. Do not bring Alette with you as it is against human enemies. When you leave you should not have Onef or Ekkill with you.
- Before you leave, stock up on supplies. The exchange rate is terrible at 1:1, but unless the random events between here and the next town are lucky you will need 10 days worth of supplies.
- At the Marek Godstone, choose 'Leave now, before this gets out of hand.'. You will pass up on the Godscale item but it will save you two days
- At the Hadeborg Godstone, be sure to inspect it for the excellent item Farthingjord (you won't lose any days)
- For a reference, I reached Eintaroft at 76 days with one or two events that saw me lose a day each
- While in Eintaroft, you MUST fight on the second day. If you do not and you choose to clear bodies instead, Egil will die. As you are playing on Easy and could probably use the renown, it is probably better to fight on all three days anyway.
- There's at least one random event that will see you fight against human enemies. Remeber to leave Alette out of the fight if you happen to get this one.
- When you reach the Dundr Godstone, choose 'Get back to the road without stopping.' to save yourself 1 to 2 days travel
- When you reach Haukstorp and you have the option of checking it out, you should instead keep moving to save a day
If you follow these points, once you reach Boergard and get through the initial scenes you will unlock:
Continue through the rest of the game as you usually would. Choose to give Rook the Silver Arrow before the fight with Bellower then get through the final battle. Once you are done with the finale of the game and the credits begin to roll you should unlock:
Alette doesn't want to harm humans or varl...don't make her.
Complete the game without letting anyone in your caravan die to hunger.
All you should have left now is your Hard playthrough.
Find anything you think is wrong with this walkthrough? Help us fix it by posting in its Walkthrough Thread
This walkthrough is the property of TrueAchievements.com. This walkthrough and any content included may not be reproduced without written permission. TrueAchievements.com and its users have no affiliation with any of this game's creators or copyright holders and any trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.