New Year, New Post
I've been considering writing something back and forth for the last week or so to start the year. I'm not big into resolutions or reflection on the immediate past. How things change us or how we grow is so much bigger than these short term or day-to-day moments. In the end though, I think it's for the best to post something.
Really, the thoughts are divided between my gaming and personal life this time. One side was pretty positive this year, the other not so much. Let's start with the rough side of things and end a bit more positive.
Personally, it was a slow and tough year. Work on my degree was down to a crawl. Had a paper accepted and presented at a conference (which is always great), but it came as I found myself losing my advisor (fired, not dead) and preparing to have a new one. Things will move forward and I'm excited for this year though. I think things are really looking up.
I also nearly lost my father during the last quarter of the year. I didn't say much about it here or to too many others, but it was definitely a rough time and I was a bit more withdrawn from things. Can't say how blessed I feel though to say that he is home (well on a work trip technically now across the country) and doing great. His recovery has been amazing.
Gaming things have been better though. Just some random thoughts:
- Became the WT Team Assistant Manager. It's both good and bad to have moved into the position, but I really appreciate the chance to continue working to help this site. Big thanks to all my WT team friends (past and present) who've supported me since/during the change.
- Published Walkthroughs. Still have a lot of work to do on some that I'm on right now, but I want to continue to publish good work. I haven't done many of the big titles that people notice, but I like that people are getting some benefit out of the one's I've completed.
- Highest GS/TA for a Year. Obviously the TA one could change, but I had my best year for scoring ever. Some great challenges completed and really noticed myself improving as a gamer.
- Starting on Mixer. For about 5 months now I've been streaming on the weekends (and holidays). Nothing huge, but it's been fun to just play and hang out. If you're interested, stop by and give a follow. I usually stream ID@Xbox titles, but I really don't limit my choices. Anything that interests me is fair game (or is suggested by friends to stream). I like continuing to grow this part of my gaming.
- New Friends. I can't say how much it's meant to make new friends on site this year. In particular, the friends gained through watching TA on Mixer. The trust built there so quickly is amazing. These are definitely people I've been able to turn to and talk about things.
Where to go for this new year? Just continue to grow and improve. Good gaming to everyone!
Posted by RadicalSniper99
on 16 January 18 at 21:35
| There is 1 comment
on this blog post - Please log in to comment on this blog.