Two year goals?
So while I was driving Uber riders tonight in San Francisco...a banner caught my eye....GDC 2018 is this coming week. I "think" this has changed in terms of the dates because I attended this back in 2009 roughly and i could swear it was in February but whatever....
But that got me thinking about what I want to do again and get into the industry. I was hoping I could volunteer (which isn't technically correct because you end up getting paid a bit for the job and paying your admission to the event itself) but it looks like it's too late. So it got me to thinking about various events for gaming professionals, conferences etc and what I could do to get my name out there
Here's a short list of what I came up with:
- Contact a local company and ask if there's a tour possible and then maybe use that to network
- GDC 2019 (volunteer at the very least, summit passes like I had in 2009 are still about $800)
- E3 2019 (2018 i could go to but it's too close to a vacation that's already planned and paid for but it's $249 for a gamers pass)
- PAX West (2018 looks to be in seattle around my birthday for approx $53/day (212 total ish)
- fix my Linked In Profile
- Attend the Game Dev get togethers once a month (already registered for March 20th, 2018)
I also need to come up with questions as to how i can get the info i need to at least get into testing at this meet-up.
And finally I need to see what I want to do about hardware in order to create something cause this mac mini isn't designed for this AT ALL lol
Posted by Reactor Leak SF
on 15 March 18 at 06:24
| There are no comments on this blog - Please log in to comment on this blog.