Workaround to Unlock Xbox Achievements on Despicable Me: Minion Rush (WP)
After the update to v4.0+ in Despicable Me: Minion Rush (WP), Gameloft purposefully removed the Xbox integration, which meant that everyone was forced to upgrade to play but lost the ability to unlock Xbox achievements. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a way to disable the forced update, but I have found a workaround that allows for Xbox achievements to be unlocked on versions earlier than v4.0.Pre-requisites
Must have a version of the game installed on a version earlier than v4.0+ (Tested with 22.214.171.124).Notes
This method does not allow for Facebook integration. Unfortunately, Facebook requires the client to be updated.
This method requires usage of Airplane Mode for forced offline play, which means that Internet and Cellular will be disabled while playing the game.Method
From Fresh Start:
1) Start the game with Internet connection enabled. Advance through the intro, while it does the download. Eventually, a popup prompting you to download the update will appear. If it shows up with a solid-color background, close the game and relaunch it.
2) A popup will be received prompting you to download the latest update, but there will be activity still occurring in the background. Sit here while files download in the background. Once the background turns to a solid color, close the app.
3) Disable the internet connection (e.g. Airplane Mode).
4) Launch the game, and play through the first jelly lab and reach Minion Beach. Select to play the stage, and a prompt to download the map will appear.
5) Re-enable the Internet connection (turn off Airplane Mode), and switch back to the game. Keep trying to press Download Content, and dismiss the Internet connection popups, until the connection is made and it attempts to download. You'll see a percentage and progress bar come up if this occurs. The standard update popup will appear in front of this. Just let it sit.
6) Eventually, the background download will time out. However, this causes the upgrade popup to be dismissed. If this doesn't work (it's not 100%), repeat steps 4-5.
7) Back out and enter the Settings menu (the Cog button), and download the maps for offline play. You may wish to download only the maps needed at that time, if you want to retain the ability to reconnect at a later point for access to the Store. Navigation will be extremely laggy, but fight through it and watch as the maps all download.
8) The Store becomes available at this time. Tokens are a rarity with offline play, and certain versions have different ways of obtaining tokens, most of which are disabled (such as daily rewards and special events). There are enough tokens to unlock the revives achievements with the in-game achievement system, but you may choose to purchase enough for the revive achievement, and any costumes, at this point.
From now on, launch the game with an Internet connection to "enable" the Xbox integration, close it once the update popup appears, and launch it in Airplane Mode. The Xbox symbol should appear in color, rather than greyed out. When you wish to sync up any Xbox achievements, just launch with an Internet connection. Even though you'll get the update popup, the achievements will still sync.
Posted by Shadow Kisuragi
on 22 May 17 at 12:17
| There are 13 comments
on this blog post - Please log in to comment on this blog.