Personal stuff first. My eldest son turned 7 and little one turned 5 this week. They wanted videogames for their birthdays and Daddy took care of that. My sons play on the Switch, so I took them to Walmart to provide me with a list of games they wanted and I bought two and their grandma bought one:
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
- Yoshi's Crafted World
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Mafia III is huge! I am enjoying many different things in New Bordeaux (New Orleans) in 1968.
- Music: Great soundtrack! Over 100 songs that capture the mood of the era.
- Cars: Gas guzzlers? Oversized cars? European speedsters? All there!
- Missions: Variety showing the different types of rackets in the game.
- Location: Everything captured. French Quarter, docks, rich and poor areas, even a bayou full of alligators.
- Story: Well-told with cut-scenes of characters remembering details of the events either in front of a Senate Committee or in interviews.
Just to be clear, the game is not perfect. I absolutely hate the distances between missions. Example: completing a mission, having to drive all the way across town for a briefing, only to return back to where you completed your last mission.
Also, there is no New Game+, which sucks as you will need 2 playthroughs (if planned properly) to get through all the achievements. I made a mistake and will have to at least play partway through a third playthrough. You can rush through your second playthrough as you already know the story and do not need to watch the cut-scenes.Weekly Recap
56 Achievements (24,746)
1,445 Gamerscore (607,230)
0 Game Completions (554)
1 DLC Completions (182)Games PlayedMafia III
(56 achievements, 1445 GS) 1 DLC Complete2019 Goals Progress
60 CompletionsGaming for the week?
Wrap up Mafia III and start working on a Game Pass Quest on the 19th.Previously Suggested Games
Super Lucky's Tale
Strange BrigadeGolf Recap
No golf played
Any other suggestions? Let me know in the comments or via PM.