The Bottom-Feeder: Season Three, Episode 1.20
Whoa, look at me dropping the ball yet again. I had this draft sitting unpublished and didn't notice until the day I finished the 1.21 episode's Achievements. Really have to get cracking now. This episode saw the longest list yet with 16 Achievements spread across 13 games, all in the same ratio. And yes, definitely getting excited to see some more different titles in the rotation and even more are on the horizon.
The Baby steps achievement in Steep worth 18 pointsReach the ROOKIE rank in any field of expert The Pest Control achievement in Crackdown 2 worth 12 pointsClear out and close down a Freak Breach, alone or with another Agent. Costume Quest
- Getting very near the end of this one, which is great because I haven't exactly had a lot of completions since resuming the bottom-feed. I suppose that's to be expected outside of a few easy-to-complete titles. Rec Room
- Ugh, had I realized this was going to be a lot like Roblox, I never would have started it. Free is free, but I somehow got in my head that this might end up more like Game Room. I miss Game Room.Jurassic World Evolution
- This one was giving me some troubles not because it was difficult, but because I couldn't remember what I was doing. I knew I hadn't progressed far, so I started a new campaign from scratch to replay the tutorial. After that, it was a snap.Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
- Having worked on The Twin Snakes, MGS games give me a bit of PTSD. I'm proud of the work we did, but it came at a heavy price - not a smooth development cycle for sure. This entry doesn't really feel at all like an MGS game though, so perhaps I should put it in that frame of mind.Forza Horizon 5
- I think FH4 burned me out a bit on this franchise, as it has been difficult to get started in the latest installment. I'm more looking forward to the regimented progression of a new core Forza Motorsport title. Crysis
- Juggling three Crysis games at one time is making it really tough to tell them apart. Perhaps if I paid attention to the story, it might help, but honestly why bother. Just point me in the direction of what I have to kill and wind me up.Hitman: Blood Money
- This game reminds me that I wanted to spend more time in the Hitman franchise. There is some really clever work in there and it deserves more appreciation. Saints Row 2
- The last of the Saints games to enter my library, it's hard to return after the great SR3. Truth be told, open world games in general I find difficult to invest myself in. Too much choice can be a bad thing.Golf With Your Friends
- Light, fluffy, no intense storyline or complicated mechanics. I need more games like this in my library. Sad thing is, I think I do have them, I just can't remember them.Steep
- If memory serves, this title is leaving Game Pass very soon, so this may be the last Steep Achievements I unlock unless it goes GwG in the future. I like the main gameplay, but the organization of events feels very confusing to me. Am I just getting old? Fable Heroes
- A pretty mindless hack and slash from what I experienced. I tend to play the other Fable games the same way though. I think I played a Mario Party mini-game that feels like this title's gameplay loop. Crackdown 2
- Sadly I had to spend way more time in this game than I would have liked. Perhaps I need to jump into three for awhile? Or dig out the original and give it a spin. Or maybe I just need to start playing games in proper order. Battlefield V
- Sadly, no, this was not the Achievement that I backburnered in a previous episode when I couldn't string together 10 kills in a round. This was much easier, getting 10 squad revives over time (provided my team didn't keep splitting up and hiding in airplanes). Made good progress when I became the personal medic to a more focused squadmate.
Next episode will cover the 1.21 ratio Achievements, the last of which was unlocked this morning. I also managed to go back and pick up the skipped Achievement for Yoku's Island Express, but won't bother including it in the recap. After 100 toots of the noisemaker, I couldn't resist spamming it all the way to 1000. My dog was not impressed by the ruckus.