Success! Dark Souls isn't impossible for me.. yet. One ending down. Two more to go. That's the easy part. The 4 major collection achievements for having all rings, miracles, pyromancies, and miracles is what's going to take a while. Let's not overshadow my win right now though. Its a good start towards completion, right? I mean, I do have to go through the game 2 more times.
My current DS3 stats: 590/1000 gamerscore with 32/43 acheivements unlocked.
You'd think that with the number of achievements unlocked the score would be higher. But since hard ass bosses like the Nameless King are only worth 15 Gamerscore(that was worth at least 50g.. 100g for me since he took hours of my life), the real points come from beating main story bosses, hardcore collection, the endings, and a final boost for unlocking all achievements. Whatever though. Dark Souls isn't known for being nice or fair. Thankfully, I don't have to play the dlc. I've actually never played any of the Dark Souls dlc for any game. I own it all. I've seen other people play it. That's enough for me. Extracurricular Dark Souls isn't my thing. Having the option to play is all I really want with dlc in this game. I mean, its just as deadly, but there have never been any dlc achievements in the games I've been through. So.. why would I take the risk if there's no reward?
Going forward with the game, my plan is to unlock the two other ending achievements then finish with the collection ones. Now I could be efficient and start collecting more rings and go for a different ending in new game+. I need to go all the way to new game++ to find all the rings I need anyways. Two more endings too.. makes sense. But I've got OCD. Fuck being rational. I care about the order of my achievements more. Its like feng shui. I need my list of achievements to flow properly. So now I get to play the game 4 times! I can run through and get two endings on normal difficulty, and then deal with the boolshyt it will throw at me for having the audacity to go through the game again: twice!
For anyone who doesn't know, Dark Souls only allows one save per character. Your game exists completely off of autosave. There is no manual save option. So if you do it, its done. The game autosaves damn near everything. There are a few ways to get over on it in the first Dark Souls, but I haven't tried or looked for any loopholes in DS3. And as a bonus, every time you finish a playthrough, the game will start you over at a higher difficulty because that's why you're playing Dark Souls in the first place: you're a masochist. You hate yourself and those around you. You use this game as a form of self-harm.
We're hurting ourselves for these achievements.
Those Xbox achievement percentages don't lie. Almost 30% of Xbox One gamers hate themselves enough to get to the next to the last boss in Dark Souls 3. That drops to 20% for beating the last boss and finishing the game because someone realized they had a problem and hopefully got help. These percentages continue to get lower and lower as less than 2% of gamers have unlocked all achievements for this game. Clearly, I am in need of a mental evaluation and psychiatric medication. My goal is to be in that 1.31% crazy enough to waste their time and energy completing this game. I'm fucking nuts.
To put that in a little more perspective, currently, 80% of the people that played this game got a free achievement just for lighting a bonfire. So the other 20% realized there was something wrong and just stopped playing within the first 10 minutes of being introduced to the game. They might not have even got past the opening cinematic, character creation or the first tutorial message. So from the 80% that can actually claim this game on their achievement list, less than 1.31% had the meds they needed to finish. Even Dashie got to the first bonfire.. but that was the one thing he accomplished and only time he put up a Dark Souls video. He got out. Shouldn't you? Its too late for me. Save yourself.
Here's his beginning..
and his end. The two princes(Prince Lothric specifically) is the last Lord of Cinder you need to beat before the last boss. This is that make or break point 10% of people got off the ride on. He also missed the elevator that is right there so you don't have to run through that gauntlet to the boss. #justsaying He is quotable on that From Software development tip though. I do love his insight.
My first playthrough is at 70 hours. Aside from exploration, soul farming and regular progression, I'm sure at least 10 hours belong just to that Nameless King boss fight. Yeah, I had that much trouble. I told you he didn't let me play! But this.. wow.
This dude cheated though.. like SUPER cheated. Haha