June’s Period Summary
***NOTE - Excuse the messiness of the writing in this blog, it’s currently 2am and I’m sitting at work on a 12 hour shift, lost a lot of focus after doing the statistics***Update on Life & Backlog Progression
The month of June has been an extremely interesting and busy one; my girlfriend and I found a house, bid on it, won the bid which secured the house, signed the papers and then put our current house on the market all within a 3 and half week period.
Things have been moving at an extremely rapid and, so far, smooth rate and we have a moving date of September 1st, I’m looking forward to the change in scenery and the next chapter of my life.
I’ve had the last 3 weeks off from work and during the time I wasn’t busy being a functional adult and attending what felt like hundreds of meetings with estate agents or banks I was working through my backlog of games; considering the amount of time I’ve spent gaming this month I’m honestly shocked at the lack of impact I’ve actually made.
I only managed to complete 3 games on the Xbox One backlog and 1 on my Xbox 360 backlog – I had to spend time re-completing Killer Instinct alongside Alien Isolation taking me a lot longer to complete than I expected which ate into the time I could spend finishing The Witcher 3’s final expansion.
After E3 aired and Forza Horizon 3 was announced I felt that it was time to finally crack down and finish Horizon 2 before it’s sequel’s release in September – I spent 30 hours completing 85 Championships leaving me with “just” 63 more to go, by that logic I will need to spend around 25 hours in July to finish Forza Horizon 2’s championships and probably a further 5 – 10 finishing the miscellaneous achievements.
Since then two more games have “Un-Completed” themselves (Halo 5, The Division) and have stumbled back onto my backlog which means in June I’ve knocked a grand total of 1 game off my list of 19 for Xbox One and 0 games from my list of Xbox 360 games (as Meat Boy replaced Resident Evil 5).
So, what next?Goals for July
First things first I will focus a majority of my energy this month biting the bullet and enduring the grind of Forza Horizon 2 before moving on to tackle the last chapter in The Witcher 3 saga, this will probably already land me at around 70 – 80 hours of gameplay.
Alongside these primarily single player experiences I will re-finish Halo 5 and then begin work on Resident Evil 5 with my best friend – I’m also going to buy and complete Inside which I’ve heard is a great but short game – I’m hoping that I can pick up Far Cry Primal, Dark Souls III, Darksiders II & Mirror’s Edge Catalyst from the ultimate game sale beginning in a few days so I can begin working on those post-haste as soon as Forza and The Witcher are done.
It’s going to be interesting to see exactly what I can get completed this month – I’m not going to set myself any hard “Gamer Goals” like I have the previous months and will simply play it by ear.
I really loved Alien Isolation but this achievement was a complete ball ache, I honestly can’t imagine doing this without the use of restarting checkpoints to prevent any deaths counting, needless to say this is a great game and I recommend it to everybody.
Onto the Month’s statistics:Month Period:
1st June – 30th JuneTotal Playtime:
186 Hours and 56 MinutesGamerscore:
5,460 Gamerscore (277,275 Total)Gaming Stats (Xbox One/Windows 10)Forza Horizon 2
– 30 Hours and 5 Minutes – 8 AchievementsAlien Isolation
– 26 Hours and 39 Minutes – 34 Achievements (COMPLETED)Rocket League
– 21 Hours and 16 Minutes – 21 Achievements (COMPLETED)Resident Evil 5
– 13 Hours and 5 Minutes – 16 AchievementsThe Witcher 3
– 10 Hours and 24 Minutes – 6 AchievementsGoat Simulator
– 8 Hours and 18 Minutes – 60 Achievements (COMPLETED)Killer Instinct
– 7 Hours and 47 Minutes – 14 Achievements (COMPLETED)Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia
– 7 Hours and 24 Minutes – 12 Achievements (COMPLETED)Gems of War
– 5 Hours and 24 Minutes – 2 AchievementsOverwatch
– 3 Hours and 20 Minutes – 7 AchievementsHalo: The Master Chief Collection
– 1 Hour and 23 Minutes – 0 AchievementsRock Band 4
– 1 Hour and 2 Minutes – 0 AchievementsGaming Stats (Xbox 360/Windows Phone/Windows 8)Resident Evil 5
– 14 Hours and 17 Minutes – 5 Achievements (COMPLETED)Super Meat Boy
– 8 Hours and 36 Minutes – 8 AchievementsResident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
– 1 Hour and 26 Minutes – 1 AchievementJet Set Go (WP)
– 3 AchievementsGaming Stats (PC/Wii U/3DS)Zelda Twilight Princess Picross (3DS)
– 11 Hours and 10 Minutes (COMPLETED)World of Warcraft (PC)
– 5 Hours and 2 MinutesPokémon Picross (3DS)
– 4 Hours and 10 MinutesHyrule Warriors Legends (3DS)
– 3 Hours and 32 MinutesYoshi’s Woolly World (Wii U)
– 1 Hour and 37 MinutesPokémon Shuffle (3DS)
– 33 MinutesRhythm Thief (3DS)
– 26 Minutes
Until Next Time!