August’s Period Summary
August has gone incredibly quickly for me, I honestly find it hard to believe that it’s September already – A lot of things have happened over the last 12 months, the two main things being buying my own house in a different city and changing job – It’s weird knowing that I have lived at my new place for nearly a year as it only feels like I have been here for just a few months.
Time flies when you’re having fun I guess?
I set myself some goals last month to complete a few games and scratch them off my list, the games I intended to complete were:
World of Final Fantasy, Life is Strange, Valkyria Chronicles, Hellblade, Age of Empires: Castle Siege and Forza Horizon 3.
I managed to get each and every of the above games finished with all achievements/trophies unlocked – I even managed to begin working on Killer Instinct again (Those pesky ranked achievements!) and finally started Recore after nearly a year of owning it now that the Definitive Edtion has been released.
Sadly I never got round to getting back on Breath of the Wild as I was so focused on finishing up my PS4 games – I’m shelving the PS4 for the time being (Might pick up the free game InFamous this month) and I’m back to concentrating on my Xbox.So, What’s Next?
Goals, Goals, Goals.
It’s always good to have some form of goal to strive towards, this month is no different but I’m severely cutting back and setting myself something reasonable due to having a fairly busy month – With games that keep adding new achievements popping back up on my Xbox list I always have stuff to do.
But the biggest time sink of them all is going to be Destiny 2 – This is weird for me because I had so many issues with the first game, yet it ended up being one of my most played Xbox One games of all time and for the longest time (up to a week ago) it wasn’t even on my radar for buying.
However, my girlfriend, best friend and I have decided to give it a shot and just knowing I’ll be playing it with them makes me incredibly excited for it – I enjoyed the first despite the problems and the second seems to be more of the same “Except better” so we can’t really go wrong.
I suspect most of my free time gaming is going to be spent on Destiny 2, however I have some other goals I want to complete in the between:
1) Complete Recore – I’m not sure how long this is going to take as there are a lot of side challenges and dungeons to complete. I’ve spent about 9 hours running through the story and picking up 19 of the Prime Cores touching only 1 optional side dungeon – So I suspect picking up all the items and running through the dungeons is going to take me considerably longer than I expect.
2) Complete Shin Hisako & Kilgore Character Achievements in Killer Instinct – This will probably take around 15 – 20 hours – I have 2 more characters and then that story mode thing to work through but I’ll leave that for next month.
3) Buy Sonic Mania and Complete it – I need another game besides Recore to work through so I don’t get sick and tired of the same thing, I’ll probably pick up Sonic Mania at some point during the month and try and finish it before Sonic Forces is out in November.
4) Re-Complete Final Fantasy 15 – Before it inevitably adds more achievements with the next DLC pack.
5) If I manage the above stuff and have time left over I will probably begin working on some of the Minecraft achievements on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions.
6) PLAY BREATH OF THE WILD, JUSTIFY THAT GOD DAMN SWITCH!
If I can manage all of this I will be happy – But hey we’ll see how it goes I guess!
3 years later from when I originally started the game on my Windows Phone I have finally finished it! The fact it was released on Android was a big help in this – I don’t think I would have finished it if it was only on Windows 10 as I’m usually doing other things when I’m on my PC.
But it’s nice to have another game scratched off the list.
Onto the Month’s statistics:Month Period:
1st August – 31st AugustTotal Playtime:
105 Hours and 8 MinutesGamerscore:
2,100 Gamerscore (320,665 Total)Gaming Stats (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)Forza Horizon 3
– 14 Hours and 54 Minutes – 33 Achievements (COMPLETED)Recore
– 8 Hours and 58 Minutes – 34 AchievementsKiller Instinct
– 3 Hours and 32 Minutes - 17 AchievementsRock Band 4
– 1 Hour and 25 Minutes – 1 AchievementGems of War
– 1 Minute – 1 AchievementAge of Empires: Castle Siege (Windows 10)
– 1 Achievement (COMPLETED) Gaming Stats (Playstation 4)Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
– 33 Hours and 26 Minutes – 21 Trophies (COMPLETED)Life is Strange
– 10 Hours and 39 Minutes – 61 Trophies (COMPLETED)Hellblade
– 7 Hours and 7 Minutes – 15 Achievements (COMPLETED)World of Final Fantasy
– 3 Hours and 21 Minutes – 10 Trophies (COMPLETED)Gaming Stats (Xbox 360/Windows Phone/Windows 8)Age of Empires: Castle Siege (WP)
– 1 Achievement (COOMPLETED)Gaming Stats (PC/Switch/Wii U/3DS)World of Warcraft (PC)
– 16 Hours and 43 MinutesGuild Wars 2 (PC)
– 3 Hours and 56 MinutesYoshi’s Woolly World (Wii U)
– 1 Hour and 6 Minutes
Until Next Time!