September’s Period Summary
Another month is over and we’re rushing to our inevitable death’s
the end of the 2017, I’ve been working a fair amount this month so I haven’t been able to put as much time into several side projects as I had originally hoped.
Work has been weirdly busy since the end of July and I genuinely hope it calms down soon so I don’t come home every day with limited energy - I think I’m entering old-man territory because things that wouldn’t phase me 5 years ago I really struggle with now.
Let’s go through last month’s gaming goals and see what I managed to accomplish:
Complete Recore – Failed
– Didn’t even boot it since writing August’s stats blog – For some reason I couldn’t bring myself to do so.
Complete Shin Hisako & Kilgore Character Achievements – Failed
– Sadly this was out of my control, it seems the latest patch on Killer Instinct has glitched several character achievements for everybody – Just have to wait for them to be fixed.
Complete Sonic Mania – Completed
– I managed to blast through this in a couple of days and despite a few tough levels it was a fairly easy and enjoyable completion.
Re-Complete Final Fantasy 15 – Failed
– Same with Recore, I ended up focusing on different games and just never got around to it.
1 of 4 goals completed is pretty shoddy and usually I would be disappointed by this if it wasn’t for the fact I managed to:
Complete Super Meat Boy
Complete Minecraft 360 & Xbox One Editions
Complete Banner Saga (Technically finished on 1st October, so it’ll be in next month’s blog)So, What’s Next?
I’m not entirely sure I what kind of goals I want to set for myself in terms of gaming this month, I’m at a point now where I’m gradually working through a few games at a time so I don’t feel like I can push out quick completions.
I want to play some more Destiny 2 as despite its release a few weeks ago I have only managed to play around 10 hours on it. I’ll also probably spend some more time on Cuphead with my girlfriend but I can safely say now that I will not be completing this game and I’m completely okay with this.
If I can get through the game on Normal and Expert that will be enough for me, I’m not going to stick around and try to beat ever y level without being hit and such.
Looking at my list of games, both released and coming out, my goals for October will look something like this:Cuphead
– Complete Normal Campaign, Try and Complete World 1 Pacifist LevelsDesiny 2
– Finally get one character to level 20.Forza 6: Apex Edition
– Collect 2 more Platinum Medals / 50 Medals / 60 Bonus ObjectivesKiller Instinct (Situational)
– If Achievements are fixed: Finish Shin Hisako.Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
– Complete GameGems of War
– Continue gathering Diamonds every Sunday if I remember to.ReCore
– All Hardware Pickups in last 2 areas.Final Fantasy 15
– Re-Complete Game
This is a very rough to-do list and in the end I probably won’t even end up sticking to it.
I’m interested in Shadow of War this month too but I want to wait and see how reviews play out, I know for a fact I will enjoy the game as I LOVED the first but the addition of a Multiplayer aspect and Micro-transactions has turned me off getting the game, at least on release.
Hoo-Boy! I finally managed to do this achievement – Although the achievement list isn’t nearly as brutal as the Playstation version it was still pretty tough.
I was stuck on the “Skyscraper” Warp Zone level for the longest time and I booted the game up to show my dad and his wife how hard it was after speaking about it – However this time I actually managed to complete it successfully and it renewed my energy to sit down for the next few days getting it finished.
This was pretty fun to do, I enjoy the bonus levels a lot and it brings back memories of me doing them as a kid with my brother on our Sega Megadrive.
I hope Sonic Mania gets a sequel as it was an enjoyable game.
Onto the Month’s statistics:Month Period:
1st September – 30th SeptemberTotal Playtime:
97 Hours and 9 MinutesGamerscore:
3,315 Gamerscore (323,980 Total)Gaming Stats (Xbox One/Windows 10/Android)The Banner Saga
– 18 Hours and 7 Minutes – 34 AchievementsSonic Mania
– 10 Hours and 33 Minutes – 18 Achievements (COMPLETED)Destiny 2
– 9 Hours and 17 Minutes – 1 AchievementMinecraft
– 7 Hours and 8 Minutes – 14 Achievements (COMPLETED)Rock Band 4
– 5 Hours and 0 Minutes – 0 AchievementsKiller Insitnct
– 3 Hours and 6 Minutes – 4 AchievementsGems of War
– 2 Hours and 11 Minutes – 0 AchievementsCuphead
– 1 Hour and 56 Minutes – 5 AchievementsGears of War 4
– 1 Minute – 14 AchievementsGaming Stats (Playstation 4)
-None Played-Gaming Stats (Xbox 360/Windows Phone/Windows 8)Super Meat Boy
– 9 Hours and 47 Minutes - 4 Achievements (COMPLETED)Minecraft
– 6 Hours and 47 Minutes – 16 Achievements (COMPLETED)Gaming Stats (PC/Switch/Wii U/3DS)World of Warcraft (PC)
– 14 Hours and 39 MinutesDivinity: Original Sin 2 (PC)
– 8 Hours and 37 Minutes
Until Next Time!