It's been almost a month since I have posted, so needless to say my gaming slowed to a standstill in late February/March. Here are a few comments on what has happened IRL for me:
- my six year old (Ava) was in the high school musical "The Wizard of Oz" as a miniature witch. In the play version, the witch gets thrown in a vat of shrinking potion which leads to her demise. After the witch falls in, little Ava pops out and tries to run away, obviously getting a huge roar from the crowd. Ava had a lot of fun, but we often didn't get home until 9:30 or 10:00 pm (which is very late for a six year old) and watching a single dad trying to get off layers of green makeup put on by teenagers was quite the sight
- yesterday was Ava's birthday party (she doesn't turn seven until the 15th but it is hard to get kids over on the March Break). It was fun...a karaoke dance party. Not looking forward when she has her dance party when she is sixteen...
- finally my depression has come back in full force. The reason that I haven't been playing much video games is that I wasn't having fun doing it...actually I am not having fun doing anything. I took two days off work this week and just shut myself into my room and cried. This is just a down phase (i have been through them before) and it will pass, but it was a lot more severe than most for me.
- I tried Fortnite
last night for the first time after watching the hilarious Dr. Disrespect
on YouTube. It is a shooter with the benefit of instant building of structures and the ability to destroy everything in the world. It's pretty cool but I am not skilled at shooters (having never played PvP before actually in a shooter), so I had one kill compared to I think four deaths. My best place was 13th.Achievements Earned This Session:
The Case in Points achievement in Rock Band 4 worth 82 pointsEarn more than 1,000,000 points in a single song in Quickplay mode. Completion Percentage: 44.06%
(High: 44.28%, Low: 43.43%, Last: 44.03%)Games Completed: 3 The Walking Dead - A New Frontier Achievements TurnOn Achievements Air Guitar Warrior Gamepad Edition AchievementsGame #1: NBA 2K18 Achievements
- I played a single MyCareer game and beat the '91-92 Bulls in MyTeam. I have about 15 games in the regular season (and then the playoffs) then I can focus completely on MyTeam.Game #2: Rocksmith 2014 Edition Achievements Rock Band 4 Achievements Guitar Hero Live Achievements
- Technically these are three games, but I want to pop a few music achievements if possible. I spent a lot of time playing Rock Band 4
since they finally
fixed multiplayer and I play Bass most of the time so it is quite easy to get a game.Game #3: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition Achievements
- I didn't actually play any of this game this session, so I will finish off the Dawnstar questline if possible this session.Game #4: The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Achievements
- I got my third achievement in the Undaunted questline, so I guess its time to start going for the achievements for killing bosses.Game #5: LEGO Marvel's Avengers Achievements
- I will just get 15 collectables from Manhattan and one of the DLC levels combined.Game #6: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series Achievements
- I finished Chapter 4 and am eagerly awaiting Chapter 5. In unrelated news, they announced the final DLC for Batman
Season 2 (or whatever it is called) so I will probably play that next when I am done this game.Game #7: Disney Fantasia: Music Evolved Achievements
- Continuing earning achievements in my lowest completion games. This session (at 8%) are many games, but I chose Fantasia
for the fact that my Kinect still works and I may as well use it for a change.
Thanks for reading