Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
is like a fine wine that only gets better as it ages. Today, Iron Galaxy Studios
released the details of the patch that will address all of the Netcode complaints that the company has been receiving on their forum about their game. You can read all the details about the patch below.
Here’s an update on the Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition patch we’ve been working on. Below is a list of things we have successfully addressed to this point. If something from the previous list isn’t here, it doesn’t mean we can’t/won’t/aren’t fixing it. It only means we haven’t fixed it yet, or we haven’t been able to reproduce the issue thus far. We were able to successfully address the Netcode complaints. The Netcode is identical to what’s in MvCO, which has received a great response thus far.
• Replaced Ping colors with numbers (in milliseconds).
• We added matchmaking filters for Region, Opponent Skill, and Ping. This works like MvCO, where they are managed from a separate screen for all online game modes.
• Lobbies can be created to limit players to the same region you are in.
• Added ability to “Mute All” on PS3. 360 players can handle this through the Guide.
• Super Art gauges are now the correct length.
• Fixed the color of Urien’s reflector for Player 2.
• Fixed Ryu’s bag not flopping over correctly.
• Added ability to turn off Challenges that appear on the side of the screen.
• The Difficulty setting now affects Arcade Mode.
• Fixed the visual glitch in Remy’s stage with Scan Lines on.
• Added some graphics to indicate player color during mirror matches. We didn’t end up altering the character portraits, but instead put some colored lines next to it. This ended up looking better, and still achieves the goal of showing which player is what color(s).
• Added “Disable Stun” to training options.
• Defaulted Gill to “Banned” in Player Match.
• The selection highlight remembers the last super you selected in multi-match modes. It doesn’t auto-pick it, the cursor just starts off on the last-selected super.
• Rank should no longer get reset to 0.
• Put Ready/Unready on separate controller buttons in lobby.
• Fixed the Poison color being incorrect for Player 2.
• Fixed some random locks/hangs.
• YouTube uploads on 360 will be at 360p now.
Has your issue with this game been addressed? As of right now Iron Galaxy Studios does not have a date for when they will be done working on this patch, let alone when it will go live. According to them there will be another update later on that will have more information on the other issues that will be addressed. Well, Street Fighter
fans keep it right here on TA for the latest updates on this new long awaited patch. .