The latest instalment in the blockbuster Call of Duty
is only ten days old and the team at Treyarch has already been hard at work fixing issues that have been highlighted by fans of the series.
The first patch for the game was released recently, and the following quote is an extract from the title's dedicated forums explaining just what the development team have been working on.
• Made infrastructure and performance improvements to Live Streaming
• Made streaming performance improvements to video playback in CODTV
• Addressed an issue where flight range parameters for airborne vehicles could be deleted in the middle of a match due to a network interruption. This fix resolves the following symptoms reported by the community:
- Escort drone flying under the map
- Inability to call in the Dragonfire
• FHJ-18 weapon level is now increased by destroying Scorestreak vehicles and aircraft
• Care Package/AGR canister exploit has been addressed
• Patched a small map exploit in Aftermath
• Addressed a rare situation that would cause the Emblem Editor menu to overlap other menus
• Balance pass on spawn influencers to improve cases causing non-optimal spawning under certain conditions
• Improved performance for emblem uploads to prevent an occasional hang. If there is an error connecting to servers during an upload, you will now be able to re-try your save
• Emblems and Clan tags will now appear correctly on the Assault Shield when stowed on the back
• Addressed all reported UI error code messages
• Elite Clan Friends list no longer actively sorts players when their status is updated
• The player list will refresh after closing and re-opening the tab
• Improved a number of emblem icons in the Emblem Editor
• Junkyard IV reward added to Calling Cards
If, like yours truly, you haven't grabbed Call of Duty: Black Ops II
yet, then our pre-release achievement spotlight
will hopefully help to finalise your buying decision either way.Call of Duty: Black Ops II
is currently available from retail outlets worldwide.