Is it possible that the first half of 2013 will be remembered as a high-watermark for the co-op campaign? After all, quite a few big ones will be hitting store shelves, including Dead Space 3
, Gears of War: Judgment
, and Army of TWO: The Devil's Cartel
. A game that may not be mentioned among those titles yet, but certainly hopes to be, is Namco Bandai's Star Trek
. The game is pitching itself, at its heart, as a co-op title in which you and a buddy will take on the roles of Kirk and Spock.
Today, Namco has revealed two important pieces of information about the game. First, there's the announcement that all pre-orders of the game will include the “Elite Officer Pack”. What will it include? Well, take a look:
- Stealth Pack – Kirk and Spock stealth uniforms, plus Starfleet Type IV Stealth Sniper Rifle and extra ammo
- Brawler Pack – Kirk leather jacket costume and Spock Vulcan Science Academy costume
- Kelvin Pack – Kirk and Spock U.S.S. Kelvin uniforms, plus U.S.S. Kelvin Hand Phaser
- Academy Pack – Kirk Academy Uniform, Spock Officer Dress Uniform, plus Academy Phaser
- Kobayashi Maru Pack – Kirk and Spock Kobayashi Maru uniforms
In addition to this information, we now have a confirmed release date. For those of you eagerly anticipating when you, too, can boldly go where no man has gone before, then mark off April 26, 2013, for Europe and Australasia. Though it was not confirmed in the same press release, this likely makes the US release date April 23rd.