From December 28th to January 7th, Capcom will be running an event called 'Zombie Mayhem' in which players across the world will be tasked with killing as many zombies as possible in Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360)
. If the total number of zombies 're-deaded' hits 15 million, each participant in the event will receive RE reward points and be able to unlock a new costume. These reward points can be used on RedisdentEvil.net
to unlock a variety of content.
Here is a breakdown of the reward points available:
* The basic reward is 10,000 RE Points, awarded to all players.
* 1,000 bonus RE Points are awarded for each block of 5m zombie kills above the target(15m).
* An additional bonus is awarded to all players depending on how much they contributed to the killcount.
* If the 15m target is not met, the base and contribution rewards are halved.
* S: 1st - 100th: 40,000Points
* A: 101st - 1,000th: 20,000Points
* B: 1,001st - 2,000th: 15,000Points
* C: 2,001st - 3,000th: 10,000Points
* D: 3,001st - 4,000th: 8,000Points
* E: 4,001st - 5,000th: 5,000Points
* F: 5,001st and below: 3,000Points
If the target is met, all participants will receive a new costume for use in the game. These costumes reskin the characters in a retro, blocky style and put series regulars Leon, Chris, Ada and Sherry in their original outfits. The other costumes will be unlockable across subsequent events, so keep checking the RedisdentEvil.net
website as they're announced.
To participate in the Resident Evil 6
'Zombie Mayhem' event, simply start killing the relevant creatures in the game between December 28th and January 7th whilst connected to Xbox LIVE. These creatures are the Zombie, Bloodshot, Shrieker, Whopper, Whopper Supreme and Zombie Dog C.
[UPDATE: It's been brought to my attention that the reward points available are for use on RE.net and are not linked to the in-game skill points. The costumes unlocked are for use in the game. The article has been amended accordingly. Apologies for any confusion caused.]