A couple of days ago, we revealed screenshots
that showcased the Country Club multi-player section of the upcoming golf iteration, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14
. The article comments that followed our most recent coverage suggested that many of our members were crying out for more information on the features and improvements that will be available.
The following quote from EA should explain that a number of changes are being implemented in the newest instalment in the franchise.
• Country Club membership - Increased its numbers from 25 to now up to 100 members.Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14
• Country Club Loyalty Bonus - A new feature was added to Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14. The more Country Club members that play consecutive days in a row the bigger the reward. Each day a streak average is calculated for each Country Club based on the amount of members (minimum of five members) in the club and each individual member’s login streak. There is a coin payout based on Streak Average length, so club members must work together in order to claim the best coin rewards.
• Country Club Tour - Created to allow players of like skill and rank to be matched up against other Country Clubs. Based on weekly Country Club ranks, players will be eligible to participate in one of five different events each week. Monthly and overall rankings are tracked and each month an overall individual player champion and Country Club champion is crowned.
• Country Club statistics - Players will now see Country Club statistics streamed directly into the game. While playing a round of golf when connected online, banners will populate in between holes updating players about their Country Club. Information about individual weekly and lifetime statistics earned for the Club, comparisons versus Club members and rankings versus other Country Clubs will now all be surfaced to gamers.
• Club versus Club leaderboards - Every Connected Tournament is now a Club Tournament featuring Club versus Club leaderboards. Gamers will not only be competing individually to win a live tournament, but now every tournament will also crown a Country Club champion.
• Club Chat - The all new Club Chat feature will allow Club members to chat together from anywhere in the game. Fans can now speak with fellow Club members no matter where they are located in the game. Tournament chats have also been added so players can join a chat with other gamers playing in the same Connected Tournament – presenting a great way to meet new friends and increase Country Club membership.
• Up to 24 ball arcs viewable - In customized Club tournaments, fans will now be able to see up to 24 ball arcs when playing in the tournament giving users the sense of being on the course with a host of other players. Also, gamers do not have to sit in a lobby and wait until everyone is ready to begin play – just load into the tournament and start swinging away. An all new spectator mode was added where players are placed into a spectator mode after completing each hole and can watch other golfer arcs play through or move onto the next hole at any point. While in spectator mode, players will have the ability to toggle across a variety of different camera angles on the hole.
is due for release on March 26th in North America and March 28th in Europe.