After eventually being dated
, and then releasing a launch trailer
(technically for the PS3 release at the time), many dedicated and battle-worn Battlefield 3
soldiers would find themselves struggling to contain their excitement for the newest DLC expansion; "End Game
Available right now at no extra charge for Premium Members, the "End Game" DLC packs five new achievements for 120 Gamerscore, as well as new maps, new vehicles, and a whole ton of crazed opponents to take down. Players will drop from the sky thanks to the new gunship and ride the new dirt bikes like suicidal freaks as they try to escape with the flag in the newest game mode. Let's not forget the new Air Superiority mode as well, where players will be taking to the skies to see who can really dominate the playing field when it comes to nothing but showing off your Jet skills.
On top of the DLC being released today, a whopping 1.92GB update has been released, too. DICE "strongly advise(s) you download it" even though you will need to anyway to enjoy the intensity of the newly released expansion pack. I'm going to advise you download it as soon as possible, and link the "Multiplayer Update 6" right here
. Now you can check out the details of what the update contains whilst the huge patch slowly but surely downloads to your console:
Game update change list: Tweaks and fixes
• TV-missile should no longer be able to blow up the helicopter shooting the missile.
• Fixed an issue where the proximity defense ability of the Mobile Artillery in Armored Kill does not kill enemies that are standing at a corner of the vehicle. Blast radius extended to 3 meters.
• Scavenger mode ticket count in Aftermath increased from 150 to 300 to create matches that last a bit longer.
• Fixed incorrect spelling on Aftermath dog tags.
• Enabled player movement in Gun Master mode in pre-round.
• Fixed an issue where an AT mine kill could count as a vehicle kill.
• Improved the position of the repair icon so that it won’t disappear outside the screen while repairing.
• Solved a teleportation glitch where the user could teleport if using a knife and a mortar in combination.
• Fixed an issue where the Air Radar would display a minimap when running on a hardcore server with minimap disabled.
• Fixed an issue where the player camera would flip 180 degrees if the player was revived in water.
• Solved an issue where having spawn immunity while being in a vehicle that gets destroyed would grant the player invulnerability.
• Improved the behavior of destroyed Rhib boats so that they have proper interaction with other vehicles.
• Fixed an issue where landing a helicopter on a mobile artillery vehicle would make the helicopter invisible.
• Solved an issue where a counter on Operation Metro lacked collision so that players were unable to put their bipod on it.
• Fixed an issue where team swapping could be used by server admins to team kill.
• Fixed an issue where the floor collision of a particular building would disappear if destroyed by a vehicle.
• Added ticket status in the end of round screen for Scavenger Mode.
• Fixed an issue where door textures appeared on the floor of certain buildings in Grand Bazaar.
• Fixed an issue where the player health was displayed improperly on kill cards in Hardcore Mode.
• Enabled the Co-op dog tags to be used freely within the game since they were unobtainable in their previous design.
• Fixed several collision issues causing players to get stuck unintentionally. Levels affected: Operation Metro, Noshahr Canals, Wake Island, Damavand Peak, Operation Firestorm, Earthquake, And Caspian Border.
• Fixed several collision issues where the player was able to get out of the playable area on several maps. Levels affected: Talah Market, Epicenter, Markaz Monolith, Noshahr Canals, Grand Bazaar, Azadi Palace, Operation Metro, and Seine Crossing.
• Fixed a bug to make sure that unranked servers always have scoring enabled.
The "End Game" DLC for Battlefield 3
will be available for those without a Premium Membership to download on March 26th, at a price of 1200 MSP.