If yesterday's announcement that the sequel to Payday: The Heist
, Payday 2
, would be coming to XBLA
left you thirsting for more information, then you're in luck, as plenty has arrived today.
Let's start the festivities with a helping of screens and a trailer.
Now, we have the information. As you progress through the game, you and your team of up to four would-be robbers will progress from dime store thieves to legendary robbers. Every job can be played multiple ways, leaving the gameplay fresh and fun. The AI has been kicked up a lot, so your enemies will actually use co-operative tactics against you. You and your crew must choose carefully from the skills you have available to do the best job with the heist, whether it be via stealth, or a more guns blazin' approach.
Here are some other key features you'll want to know about:
• CRIMENET – The dynamic contract database lets gamers pick and choose from available jobs by connecting with local contacts such as Vlad the Ukrainian, shady politician “The Elephant” and Mexican drug trafficker Hector, all with their own agenda and best interests in mind. CRIMENET features dozens of varied, exciting jobs and as the player progresses, new contacts with new jobs become available.
• Choose Your Profession – As players progress they can invest in any of four special professions: the Mastermind, the Enforcer, the Ghost and the Technician. Each features a deep customization tree of associated skills and equipment to master and they can be mixed and matched to create the ultimate heister.
• PAYDAY Loot – Finishing a job isn’t just an accomplishment to be proud of. After a successful heist gamers will also earn rare and powerful new equipment such as masks, weapons mods, mask modifications and a variety of other accessories.
• Weapons and Modifications – A brand new arsenal for the serious heister covering everything from sniper and assault rifles to compact PDWs and SMGs. Once players have settled for a favorite, they can modify it with optics, suppressors, fore grips, reticles, barrels, frames and stocks – all of which will affect the performance of their weapon. There are also purely aesthetic enhancements – why not go for the drug lord look with polished walnut grips for your nine?
• Mission Assets – Every job has a set of purchasable assets that can alter and enhance the heist such as a faster escape car, blueprints or even inside help.
• Character Upgrades – The signature PAYDAY mask can now be customized into tens of thousands of different combinations, color and material variations and there is a bigger selection of gear to wear for the discerning high-fashion heister.
• Multistage Jobs – Many contracts feature several separate stages allowing for mission forks and different outcomes depending on what the players accomplish in each individual stage.
, which is being developed by Overkill Software, is on track for a summer release.