I have just checked the date and it most definitely is not April 11th. Despite this, the promised "Forge Island" DLC for Halo 4
has just hit the Marketplace for fans to download. The new Forge map presents a large island, a medium island and a small island in the middle of a large expanse of water. With their flat terrain and lack of obstructions, players will easily be able to use the current Forge tools and a series of new items to create their own custom maps.
Referred to as the ‘Great Anvils’ by UNSC personnel deployed to the southwestern peninsula of Requiem’s smallest continent, these massive sentinels tower high above the shield world’s warm tropical ocean. The geologic data acquired from these islands has offered incredible fodder for Infinity Science’s Forge group, providing diverse and modifiable terrain for the War Games combat simulations.
The new DLC comes a day after another title update for the game. Here is the list of gameplay improvements and bug fixes included with the patch:
• Enabled “X-Markers” on the HUD to designate when and where teammates are killed.
• Updated Active Camo to fully reveal players when they fire all weapons.
• Reduced the auto aim, magnetism, and damage on the Gauss Warthog.
• Fixed an issue where some players at SR-130 did not see their specialization on their in-game playercard.
• Fixed various issues with ordnance nav markers.
• Fixed various join-in-progress issues with Flood.
• Added the ability to make weapon adjustments via backend tuning.
"Halo 4 Forge Island" is FREE and can be downloaded from here