Sharks in the Winter Solstice
was a patch that tried to rectify launch issues in Defiance
. Unfortunately, further bugs plagued the player's experience, which led to the introduction of patch 1.013
, which later was followed by patch 1.014
. All of this was done in the name of making the game an all-round better experience.
The news surrounding Defiance
today is not a patch, but focuses on the new, working-titled DLC, "Enter the Castithan". The DLC will have a paid portion and a free component. The reason some of the DLC will be made readily available for free is in order to not "isolate" players from one another.
Here is what will be included:
ENTER THE CASTITHAN
(or imagine flashy name that evoke deep emotions)
You get this when you buy the DLC for $10:
– Access to play the Castithan Species
– Access to a new Story Mission Line with new Battle Arena Game Mode
– Access to the new Castithan Battle Arenas
– Castithan Charge Blade & Ceremonial Mask as a reward from Story Mission Line
– A unique version of the Raptor, a new 4 player truck of doom
– A unique Castithan version of an outfit
– A Charge Weapons Starter Pack
– Access to New Pursuits
– New Xbox and PS3 Trophies and Achievements
You get this in the DLC for free:
– Access to the new Charge Weapons Class and Castithan Blades
– Access to Sieges, a new Open World Game Mode
– Access to the new Monolith Major Arkfall
– Access to a new PvP Map – Military Academy
– Join a friend into the Battle Arenas Game Mode
– Duel your friends and neighbors in the Duels Game Mode
– Enemies, lockboxes, and events can drop Charge Weapons
– Select a new voice for you character
– Multitude of game improvements from UI to content
You can buy these individually from the store:
– New Mods that tint the color of your Castithan Blade
– Lockboxes have a chance to get Charge Weapons
– More versions of the Raptor, the new 4 player truck of doomed compensation
– Character Customization changes: Appearance change, name change, or everything change
Furthermore, the Defiance community forum
also noted that there will be an upcoming patch named "1.020" or "The TV Show Tie-in Patch", which is:
As proof of us striving towards being better we have another major update coming, known as the TV Tie-in or Patch 1.020, and it’s coming out this month. It has further bug fixes, improvements, as well as new TV Tie-ins – one of which will utilize a new open world game mode called Sieges. Details are obviously slim, but it’s a crossover event so that should give you an indication of what this game mode entails in future DLCs.
The "Enter the Castithan" DLC does not have an official release date, but it will be one of the five DLC included in the "Season Pass". It will cost players 800 MSP for all of the content, or free for partial PvP content.
It should also be noted that this DLC will include new achievements, though we do not yet know the extent of what they are or how many will be included.