Today sees the launch of "Title Update 6" for http://www.trueachievements.com/game.aspx?gameid=1800
, seeing a heap of changes and improvements made to the game's online modes, including the addition of a new match option, exploit fixes and a better balance for players and teams while playing the multiplayer.
Not only that, but there is now also a permanent price drop on the game's All Fronts Collection DLC pack, down from 1,600 MSP to an absolute bargain of 800 MSP. For those who don't know, the All Fronts Collection is every single piece of Gears 2 DLC available in the one purchase/download: a whopping 17 multiplayer maps, the deleted Road to Ruin
chapter for the campaign and a huge 26 achievements worth an additional 690G on top of the disc's 1,000G. Damned exhaustive and available from now on for a mere 800 MSP? Steal!
But wait! Not only is the all-encompassing All Fronts Collection getting a price drop, but so are the other DLC packs! The http://www.trueachievements.com/dlc.aspx?dlcid=59
have both dropped by 50%, from 800 to 400 MSP, while http://www.trueachievements.com/dlc.aspx?dlcid=118
has dropped from 1200 to 560 MSP. Permanently!
Those impressive and hefty price cuts across the board are surely to put plenty smiles on faces, right? Anyway, back to the Title Update. The following fixes and improvements are included in the TU launched today:
Title Update 6 makes these new improvements:
• Adds a new public multiplayer match option called Social Xbox LIVE (aka player matches), open to anyone who owns all downloadable maps (that is, All Fronts Collection).
• You can join Social Matches in progress and can quit any time without penalty, although players who quit early don’t receive earned experience (XP).
• Social matchmaking lets your party join a match in progress. If a match is not found, your party hosts a new match, filling any empty player slots with bots.
• Social Matches automatically cycle to the next map without further matchmaking.
• Teams are rebalanced between matches based on XP level without splitting parties.
• If you quit, your spot is taken by a bot until a new player joins the match. That new player can join while the match is in progress.
• If you join a match in progress, you are assigned a team based on XP level and party size.
• If you join a match in progress, you replace a bot at the earliest opportunity: at the first bot’s death for respawning game types (for example, Annex) and at round completion for Warzone, Execution, and Wingman.
• Social leaderboards become part of the War Journal.
• Renames Public Matches to Ranked Xbox LIVE Matches to differentiate these from Social Xbox LIVE Matches, and adds some improvements to these matches.
• Improved host selection using bandwidth testing and previous hosting data has been added.
• Before the match begins, teams are balanced based on XP without splitting parties.
• Renames Private Matches to Custom Xbox LIVE Matches and makes these matches invite-only.
• Adds the ability to join Horde sessions that are in progress.
• In Social Horde, you can join a session in progress through matchmaking.
• In Ranked Horde, you can join a session in progress only through invites.
• If you join a session in progress, at the end of the session you receive the score you achieved during the time you spent in the session.
• Improves the precision of weapon selection using the D-pad.
• Improves client-side hit detection for ballistic weapons.
Title Update 6 fixes these possible exploits, where under certain circumstances:
• Execution rules could be ignored when using certain weapon types.
• On the Subway map, you could get outside of the playable environment by sliding into cover and rolling between a train car and the side of tracks.
• On the Blood Drive map, you could get outside of the playable environment in various locations.
• Players could grief other players on Submission, Annex, King of the Hill, and Guardian games by preventing the objective from being completed while racking up points. Title Update 6 adds match time limits to each of these game types to prevent this practice.
Title Update 6 fixes these other issues as well:
• An issue that could cause your profile to be overwritten, erasing XP, level, and achievement progress.
• An issue that could cause a campaign save slot to be overwritten if you previously chose to continue without saving and then signed in.
Title Update 6 makes these balancing changes:
• Changes the Gnasher Shotgun pellet pattern to increase hit consistency.
• Changes the Guardian game type to select the leader based upon XP level (highest to lowest).
On top of all that, Epic and Microsoft have also announced a Triple
Experience Weekend on Xbox LIVE. Starting Thursday May 27th (at 9:00 AM EDT), fans can earn triple experience in any http://www.trueachievements.com/game.aspx?gameid=1800
multiplayer mode on Xbox LIVE. The Triple XP weekend will run until Tuesday, June 1 at 9:00 AM EDT. If you ask me, that's longer than a weekend - practically a working-weeks worth of triple XP!
Check the external link below to find all the downloadable content on the Xbox.com Marketplace, where you can purchase it now and queue it up for download, if you so wish.