Straight from Gamescom in Cologne, PopCap Games
has given us a slew of new information, including game details, trailers, and screens for their upcoming third-person shooter Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
. This totally new take on the much-loved Plants vs. Zombies
games will launch exclusively on Xbox One and Xbox 360 before later becoming available on other platforms.
Tony Leamer, the game's franchise director, talks about some of the game's new features:
With its first reveal in June, we blew fans away with a glimpse of a game that takes the Plants vs. Zombies world to an entirely new genre. Here at gamescom, we’re showcasing even more exciting elements, including Kinect for Xbox One and Xbox SmartGlass gameplay in Boss Mode, playable Zombie classes, character customization, and more. These amazing features will help make this one of the must-have action games of 2014.Gamescom 2013 Zombie Class Reveal
Four Playable Zombie Classes
Behind the Scenes of Boss Mode
Powered by the advanced Frostbite ™ 3 engine, Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare digs into the trenches to deliver an explosive new action experience. Players will take on the roles of plants and zombies across a mine-blowing world that delivers all the depth of a traditional action game blended with the refreshing humor of Plants vs. Zombies.Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
New Game Features Showcased at gamescom Include:
· 24-Player Multiplayer Action: Choose your side—plants or zombies
· 4-Player Online Co-op: Protect your garden from the zombie horde and powerful bosses
· Customization: Personalize your favorite plants and zombies with hundreds of unique items.
· Two Exclusive Modes for Xbox One:
- 2-player Split Screen Co-op Mode
- Kinect and Xbox SmartGlass gameplay in Boss mode, command the battlefield from above in Crazy Dave’s RV or Dr. Zomboss’ blimp
will debut on the Xbox One and the Xbox 360 in Spring 2014.