Yet another update has rolled out for Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
, as it continues to light up the XBLA sales charts and even the retail space with the release of the disc version of the game. You'll be able to light up your Minecraft
seed with new Redstone Lamps along with these new items, changes, additions, and fixes detailed once again:
> Redstone Lamp
> Jungle Wood Stairs
> Jungle Wood Half Slab
> Jungle Wood Block
> Jungle Wood Planks
> Jungle Tree Sapling
> Ocelot Spawn Egg
> (Creative Mode only) Chiselled Stone Brick
> (Creative Mode only) Mob Heads (Skeleton, Wither Skeleton, Zombie, Human and Creeper)
- New Tutorial World.
- New map height limit (256 instead of 128).
- Jungle Biome
- Jungle trees
- Cocoa beans grow on Jungle trees
- Slabs and Stairs can be placed upside-down by placing them below a block.
- Added Corner Stairs and upside down Corner Stairs.
- Added 3D dropped items.
- Added dispensing Boats and Minecarts to Dispenser.
- New ambient cave sounds.
- New AI for Mobs.
- Added rare drops for Mobs.
- Villagers will have children if there is room in their village.
- Zombie sieges will occur occasionally at night.
- Zombies break down doors on Hard Mode.
- Crafting recipe for ladder now yields 3 ladders instead of 2.
- Placing blocks on grass will replace it.
- Lava now has a faint rumbling sound effect, and large particles that hop out of the lava produce a popping sound.
- Very rare Desert Wells can be found in Desert biomes.
- Increased max boats in a world to 40.
- When in the Nether, Snow Golems will melt and die same as when they are in Desert biomes.
- Abandoned Mineshafts can generate with wooden bridges now when generated over a cave or over top another tunnel.
- Doors have been updated so that double doors work better with Redstone.
- Added a Favourites tab to the Skin Selector menu, storing most recently used skins.
- Added support for Texture Packs and Mash-up Packs, and display of these in the Minecraft Store.
- Fixed local player shadows not being displayed.
- Fixed a few issues with the Privileges settings.
- Fixed visible seams in clouds.
- Fixed 3rd person camera issues with water, where the underwater filter would be randomly removed.
- Fix for structures generating at the edge of a world.
- Fix for putting enchanted items in a Minecart With Chest and destroying it removes the enchantments.
- Fix for breaking a bow having improper animation.
- Fix to make Minecarts run at the correct speed.
- Fixed a few memory leaks.
- Fixed issue with “Can Open Containers” option.
- Fixed issues with “Can Build and Mine” option.
- Fixed Issue with TNT blocks being triggered by explosions even with “TNT explodes” option off.
- Fixed Wolves not tilting their heads when the player has a bone in their hand.
- Fixed the colour of Potion particles status effect to match the Potion colour.
- Fix for doors spitting in half and glitching in open/closed motion when mined.
- Fixed artefacts on edge of flames when in first person.
- Fixed a lot of game lighting issues.
If the update isn't available upon startup, rumours have been going around that you can try re-downloading the game to prompt the update. Careful not to delete your game save though!
What will you do with the extra build height? Make a block-by block replica of the Burj Khalifa