The folks at Microsoft have announced a rather good package which may appeal to those of you in the family persuasion.
As of this November you will be able to purchase the Xbox LIVE Family Pack. This will give you four Xbox LIVE Gold Memberships for the price of two (US$99).
Specific content of the family pack is as follows:
- Up to four individual Xbox LIVE Gold memberships for the price of two – (US) $99.99.
- Family Center – a single, easy to use, destination for Family Settings and account management, accessible on the Xbox dashboard and on Xbox.com.
- The primary account member has the ability to purchase and dispense Microsoft Points to other Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack members.
- Activity monitoring reports viewable on Xbox.com to help encourage discussions about safer more balanced gaming and entertainment habits.
- Simplified billing that applies all purchase charges to the primary account holder’s billing account and the ability to authorize purchases, helping to manage the family’s entertainment budget.
- Exclusive family content and discounts
This looks like an initiative to coincide with the launch of Kinect to bring in Microsoft's new target market to the Xbox 360. Unfortunately, at this time there is no clarification on whether the European markets will see this offer extended to them as well.
Major Nelson has said he will address questions in his next show after rounding up some questions on his blog.