Konami's much loved Castlevania
makes an XBLA appearance later this year. Don't panic, it's not a 'reboot', Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
will stay true to the classic 2D side scrolling action the series is known and loved for.
Developed with input from the creator himself, Koji Igarashi, Harmony of Despair
manages to tick all the 'retro' boxes, but also unlocks a new world of play thanks to Xbox LIVE.
Castlevania Harmony of Despair allows up to 6 friends to play together via online co-op story mode or see who the best vampire hunter is in Survival Mode, which challenges players to fend off their friends while fighting for their very survival. Utilize your co-op skills to explore the levels with your friends in order to find hidden locations with special items and equipment or team up in battle to let loose destructive attacks on the hordes of attacking creatures.
With a plan for continued game content delivered through downloadable add-ons, players will be able to experience new levels with new characters as they extend the experience of the latest Castlevania downloadable game.
To sum up nicely, Konami gives us a bullet pointed list, and who doesn't like bullet point lists?
* 6 Player Online Co-Op - Explore and fight Dracula with up to 6 friends online or engage in Survival Mode and see who the last warrior standing is
* Combo Attack System - Unleash devastating attacks by working with your partners to vanquish your foes
* Play Through Classic Castlevania Worlds - Fight the forces of darkness through massive levels inspire by the worlds of Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia
* Ghost mode - Share you adventure with friends by uploaded ghost data
* Classic 2D Gaming - The fast paced side scrolling action and detailed 2D art push the classic Castlevania formula into the HD era
* DLC Support - More character and levels will be created following the release of the game to continually challenge players in new fun ways
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair will be available August 4 via Xbox Live Arcade
for 1200 Microsoft Points
Additionally, there's some footage at the link below to loosen your purse strings.