Deep Silver have announced that they will be bringing the motor sports racing-simulator NASCAR 14
to Xbox 360 early in 2014. The latest entry in the series is being developed by Eutechnyx, who are hoping to bring the high-octane racing experience to players worldwide and give them the most complete NASCAR experience yet. The game will have players participating in practice, qualifying, and race day challenges as their favorite racing personalities, with access to true NASCAR style live replays.
The announced features will include:
· NASCAR Highlights: Take advantage of “NASCAR Highlights” to determine the outcome of the biggest race thrills from the season. Eutechnyx recreates the action where the condition of the cars is exact, weather the same, track positions identical – the only difference is you!
· Career Mode: Work your way through the ranks in a comprehensive career mode; complete with custom car builds, sponsor acquisition, and R&D to get your team into victory lane.
· Official Teams & Tracks: Race against the official NASCAR teams & drivers on your favorite tracks from the high banks of Daytona, to the twists & turns of Sonoma, and exhilarating speed of Talladega.
· Leagues: Take competition to the next level and host online leagues with your friends, fully supported by statistics, challenges, rankings and replay.
· Online Multiplayer: Take advantage of dynamic skill-based matchmaking, tournaments, and easy drop in/out server browser functionality for a fair and enjoyable experience.
Deep Silver's Geoff Mulligan voiced his excitement at taking over the franchise from Activision (who published the previous NASCAR Unleashed
NASCAR is a hugely popular sport, second only to the NFL in TV ratings with licensed games having been published by Activision in recent years. Deep Silver is thrilled to have acquired the publishing rights to NASCAR ’14 and looks forward to cultivating a long-term relationship with both the fans and the franchise.
Driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. has also invited fans to take part in the "Drive for the Cover" campaign, whereby they will be given a chance to pick the driver that they wish to appear on the game's cover. To participate simply visit www.driveforthecover.com
and follow the instructions; each week during the 2013 Sprint Cup season one driver will become a contender for the place on the game's cover, which will ultimately be decided in early December during the NASCAR Champions Week in Las Vegas.NASCAR 14
is expected to be priced at $49.99USD when it releases in early 2014.