Kinect Sports Rivals
was originally slated
as a day-one title for the Xbox One, but the game was soon pushed back
to Spring 2014. Sporty gamers among us don't really need to despair at that news any longer as Microsoft has now announced Kinect Sports Rivals
Preseason.Kinect Sports Rivals
Preseason will be a downloadable trial version of the main game with the opportunity to try out the sport of Wake Racing. Major Nelson has picked out the main focus points for the Preseason initiative, as explained below:
- Start earning points to unlock the special “Founder” player title, an exclusive “Kinect Sports Rivals” wetsuit and a “Kinect Sports Rivals” wake racer to commemorate the launch of Xbox One.
- Players will compete against familiar faces – including a fully digital version of me and my good friend AceyBongos who will step in as tough competition.
- New monthly challenges with unique objectives and rewards will become available within the “Kinect Sports Rivals” Hub – some will be personal, some will be co-op, and some will pit nation against nation in a global battle for international fame. Each challenge will deliver its own exclusive rewards that will carry over to the full game when it launches next spring.
- Complete every player challenge given and expand the fun by racing against a friend in the same room in split screen mode.
- Enjoy an all-new track by rising band Youngblood Hawke. They recorded “Collide” just for “Kinect Sports Rivals.”
The following announcement trailer and screenshots give a visual representation of what can be expected from the Wake Racing that will be available ahead of the release of Kinect Sports Rivals
. The final image shows the rewards that Major Nelson referred to earlier.
The release window remains as Spring 2014 for Kinect Sports Rivals