Just like what has become the norm for the other EA Sports franchises, players will now have the ability to vote for who they want to see on the cover of EA SPORTS UFC
. The cover will already feature Jon 'Bones' Jones, the current Light Heavyweight Champion, and will then feature a second fighter based on who players vote for.
Round One of the voting has already started and will run until November 10th, so be sure to submit your votes here
. For those who want to give their favorite fighters some extra support, you can tweet the fighter's specific hashtag every Thursday to count as two official votes. The preliminary pool of 16 eligible fighters features some phenomenal choices, so it will be very interesting to see who progresses from round to round.
The 16 eligible fighters, as well as their first-round match-ups, and hashtags are as follows:
- Ronda Rousey (#VoteRousey) vs. Miesha Tate (#VoteTate)
- Urijah Faber (#VoteFaber) vs. Michael Bisping (#VoteBisping)
- Anthony Pettis (#VotePettis) vs. Demetrious Johnson (#VoteJohnson)
- Georges St-Pierre (#VoteGSP) vs. Chris Weidman (#VoteWeidman)
- Johny Hendricks (#VoteHendricks) vs. Dominick Cruz (#VoteCruz)
- Jose Aldo (#VoteAldo) vs. Benson Henderson (#VoteBendo)
- Alexander Gustafsson (#VoteGus) vs. Daniel Cormier (#VoteCormier)
- Junior Dos Santos (#VoteJDS) vs. Chael Sonnen (#VoteSonnen)
Alongside the cover vote, comes a new trailer based on the emotion and intensity inside of the Octagon that EA Sports is looking to bring into the next generation of gaming.
EA SPORTS UFC
is slated to be released in Spring 2014 for the Xbox One.