You may have noticed a title by the name of Kingdoms and Lords
popping up on your friend feed these past few days. Upon searching your Windows Phone marketplace though, you probably noticed that the game was absent. The reason for this is because the game was only released in select regions at first, with other regions being slowly added over time. This is known as a “soft release”, which is a very common practice among Windows 8 PC titles.
Some went through the small amount of effort needed to switch the region on their phone to download the game early. For those who opted to wait (or didn’t know), the game now seems to be available in every region around the globe.Kingdoms & Lords (WP)
(Windows Phone 8) – FREE
This game allows multiplayer play and is not subject to Xbox LIVE parental settings. Microsoft shares User IDs and gamertags.
In Kingdoms & Lords, the peace and quiet of your rural village are shattered by Barbarian forces. Build up your kingdoms and train your militia to fight against the Dark King's minions!
A DUAL GENRE: SIMULATION AND STRATEGY
• A strategy game: raise an army and attack your neighbors. Hire/train/grow your army to prepare them for combat.
• A medieval simulation: expand lands, cultivate crops and raise animals to get
money and food. Enjoy a rich production system to build your kingdom.
LET YOUR FRIENDS JOIN THE FUN
• Challenge your friends by launching your troops against their lines of defense and see who has the best army!
• Forge alliances, rescue their units, and send them unique gifts.
A TRUE ECONOMY TO MANAGE ON A DAILY BASIS
• Optimize your production system and get extra revenue
• Upgrade your buildings, unlock new ones and enhance your capabilities
• Invest to grow your army to upgrade their weapons
• Protect your kingdom, defeat rival armies and steal their resources
If you install this game, you understand and agree that Microsoft may share your User ID and gamertag with the game publisher to enable game features. This game includes multiplayer features with online interactions that are not subject to Xbox LIVE parental settings. These features may include the following interactions with other players online:
• Send and receive game invites;
• Play cooperatively or head-to-head;
• Send and receive in-game text messages;
• Communicate via in-game voice chat.
Please see the publisher’s site http://www.gameloft.com/privacy-notice/windows8/
for information on settings it may enable.
Download games quickly and easily!
Using a QR code: Scan the QR Code above with your phone to go directly to the marketplace spot for that game.
When viewing TrueAchievements from your phone: Click on the Download Here link above or External Link below.
From your computer: Click on the marketplace link and purchase through windowsphone.com
Also releasing this week is Asphalt 8: Airborne
from Gameloft on Windows Phone 8. Unlike previous Asphalt
releases though, this particular title won't be carrying Xbox functionality.