If, by any chance, you haven't found the time to play Tomb Raider
yet, then perhaps now you'll be inspired to do so. Just revealed at VGX came the world premiere of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
, made specially for next-gen consoles. Promoted as being rebuilt, remade, and reborn for the next generation, gamers on the Xbox One will now have a chance to play Lara's latest adventure if they missed out on the 360.
Check out the world premiere for yourself:
The upgraded version will provide native 1080p gameplay, which will provide a next-gen looking Lara. The new version will also take advantage of Xbox One's Kinect capabilities, allowing the player to change weapons and attachments, and navigate menus with voice commands and hand-gesture motions. You'll also be able to rotate and inspect relics and lean into the world to discover viewpoints in the world.
Here is a full list of what you will get in Definitive Edition
- The fully rebuilt game for next-generation consoles
- The Tomb of the Lost Adventurer
- Eight DLC multiplayer maps
- Six DLC multiplayer weapons
- Four DLC multiplayer characters
- Six outfits for Lara
- Dark Horse digital comic book “Tomb Raider: The Beginning”
- Brady Games digital art book “Tomb Raider: The Art of Survival”
- “The Final Hours of Tomb Raider” documentary series
The best part may be the fact that gamers don't have long to wait to get their hands on Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
as it launches in North America on January 28th, 2014, and in Europe on January 31st, 2014.