With the "Operation Broken Eagle" less than 24 hours away from release for Capcom's zombie-slaughtering title, Dead Rising 3
, the team behind the game have released a chunky update today in order to have the game running smoother in time for the fresh, bloody-soaked experience to come tomorrow.
There's plenty to soak in with the new update, which weighs in at around 13GB. Some improvements include the struggle to pick up objects off the ground that are amongst a bunch of other objects being made easier. Running low on ammo but haven't noticed? Don't worry, the newly added "impulse trigger" feature will kindly remind you when you need to do something about those empty magazines. Check out the list to see the exact changes, fixes, and tweaks included with the update.
• Content for DLC episodes 3 and 4 added as part of this CU.
• Various Stability Fixes.
• Various Performance Improvements.
• Online Stability improvements.
• Added a progress bar to main menu while installer is running.
• Fixed an issue which could allow the user to overwrite their save file during streaming install while the game is booted.
• Fix for missing English VUI command in Multiplayer menu.
• Some improvements to item pickups.
• Fixed a reproducible issue where the player could get out of the world.
• Fixed an issue where music wasn’t present during the streaming install.
• Fixed some mission scripting issues.
• Fixed an issue which could cause some co-op players to not progress blueprint collection achievements correctly.
• Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating properly.
• Fixed an issue which caused glass textures to appear low-res.
• Fixed an issue which could cause shadows to render incorrectly.
• Fixed a texture issue with the Golden SledgeSaw weapon.
• SmartGlass stability fix.
In addition to the update, the game's Executive Producer, Josh Brid, speaks in an interview with Xbox Wire
regarding the title update, and incoming DLC for the title giving fans plenty of details and info.
To add to the sheer excitement of zombie-slaying to come in the new DLC, a fresh trailer has also been released. With the "Untold Stories of Los Perdidos" beginning to unfold, the trailer showcases Spec Ops Commander Kane in a bit of a tight situation as his chopper is shot down and Kane is forced to survive on foot against a never-ending barrage of zombies. New weapons and vehicles can also be seen in action in this new trailer. Check it out and enjoy!
The title update is already live for Dead Rising 3
so if you haven't fired up the game yet today, you'll be prompted to download the update when you do. After suffering a slight delay
, the "Operation Broken Eagle" DLC remains set for release tomorrow and will be priced individually at $9.99 (UK price still unconfirmed), or as part of the Season Pass for DR3 which can be purchased now for $29.99 / £23.99.