Before we get into our very exciting contest
, let's debrief on last week's Achievement of the Week challenge.
Last week, the community was challenged to pop the Most Wanted
achievement in Red Dead Redemption
On January 31st, 26,974 gamers (out of 133,589 on site) had unlocked the achievement.
"Most Wanted" had a base score of 10 and a ratio of 2.23, giving it a TA score of 22.
Today, on February 7th, 27,033 gamers (out of 133,888 on site) have unlocked the achievement.
"Most Wanted" retains its ratio of 2.23 and TA score of 22.
...and sadness reigns supreme again
as we did no damage to the achievement's ratio.
To soothe the savage spirit, this week's challenge carries with it an easy quest and the chance for REAL LOOT.
Thanks to a generous donation from Shirts.com
we're able to give away a FABULOUS PRIZE to not one, not two, not three, but FOUR lucky gamers who have popped the following challenge from the runner up for our "Game of the Generation" AND post in the comments to this story.
Today, on February 7th, 98,446 gamers (out of 125,049 on site) have unlocked the achievement.
"The Power of the Atom" has a base score of 20G, a ratio of 1.13, and a TA score of 23.
Not exactly the toughest challenge in gaming, but this achievement was specially picked by our generous donor as one of his favorites, so be sure to get cracking on it!
The top solution for "The Power of the Atom" comes from SeraphimNeeded
who suggests the following:
This mission is first acquired from the Sheriff Lucas Simms of Megaton by speaking about disarming the bomb. It ends when you either disarm the bomb and talk to him again or detonate the bomb with the device given to you by Mister Burke in Moriarty's bar.
If you want to destroy the town, you'll want to make sure you have completed all other quests from Megaton that you are wanting to complete. Obviously setting off a nuclear device will quickly cause you to fail most of those quests.
If you have a suggestion for an Achievement of the Week, be sure to let us know in the comments. Check back next Friday for the full report on how our community did popping this achievement as well as the announcement of our next Achievement of the Week!RULES AND REGULATIONS
- This competition is unavailable to TA Staff members
- One entry per person; multiple entries from the same community member will be disregarded
- Entry is via a comment to this thread
- An entry will not be considered complete if the Achievement of the Week has not been unlocked by the entrant before the end of the contest
- All entries will be considered for one of four (4) vouchers for a t-shirt from T-shirts.com
- The winner will be chosen at random by random.org
- This competition is available for United States residents only
- Entries close on February 13th, 2014 at midnight GMT