Never heard of Guacamelee!
? Well, you're about to, as the popular PC title, developed by Drink Box Studios is set to come to Xbox One (via the ID@Xbox
program) and Xbox 360 in the form of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
is a 2D platformer/brawler that sees players control Juan Aguacate, a wrestler who has come across hard times. Juan will have to fight through "hordes of undead enemies and skeleton henchmen to stop the evil Carlos Calaca from gaining ultimate power by sacrificing the beautiful "El Presidente's Daughter"." The game also switches between the lands of the living and the dead, and is inspired by Mexican folklore.
Of course, in addition to what players of the title already know about it, several new features have been promised for the console ports of the game:
· Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
· New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
· New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
· New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
· New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
· Support for multiple save slots
· Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
is set to arrive on Xbox 360 and Xbox One in Q2 2014.