Square Enix's seemingly ever-lasting MMO, Final Fantasy XI
, is still going strong to this day. Today however, is a very special day for the title itself, as well as for the true long time fans who still enjoy the game.
With today being March 11th, Final Fantasy
fans will know exactly what that means. To celebrate this special day, there's plenty of events to get in on within the game that will give out extra XP, monstrosity XP and plenty more different types of drops. For those not sure on why today is so special, check out the reason why before taking a good read of what's featured in this special event:
Some are unaware that this day serves as a commemoration of all things XI in Vana'diel? Well, it is time to remedy that with a slew of promotions will pull the heartstrings of even the most jaded adventurers!Campaign Period
Monday, March 10, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) to Monday, March 17, 2014
• The conclusion of this campaign is scheduled to coincide with the server maintenance for the Tuesday, March 17 version update.Event Details
1.) Double experience event
The amount of experience earned by adventurers and their fellows will be doubled!
• This experience gain adjustment will not apply to Abyssea areas.
• This bonus will stack with the effects of Dedication.
• Experience earned by clearing content and using specific items will not be affected.
2.) Double Monstrosity experience event
Experience earned by monipulators will be doubled!
• Monipulators are unable to receive the effects of Dedication. Be advised that possessing a monster while under the effects of Dedication will remove those effects.
3.) Abyssea event
During this event, a blue treasure chest will appear near Horst in Port Jeuno (H-8). Opening it will confer the benefits listed below. Furthermore, players journeying to Abyssea during the event will have their default values for pearlescent, azure, golden, and silvery lights set to 100.
• Eleven types of atma
• One piece of lunar abyssite
• 100,000 cruor
• Those who have received these rewards previously will be unable to do so again.
4.) Increased seal drop rate event
The drop rate for all seals, included the sacred kindred's crests added in the November version update, will be increased based on the number of adventurers in your party-up to a maximum of six!
5.) Double Skirmish simulacra segment drop rate event
The rate at which Skirmish simulacra segments drop from colonization and lair reives will be doubled!
6.) Mog Gardens Event
The number of shining stars earned by entering your Mog Garden will be doubled!
7.) Repeat Login Campaign
We will be holding our fifth Repeat Login Campaign during this period.
• Login points may be accrued until Wednesday, April 2 at 7:00 a.m. (PDT)
• Login points may be exchanged until Tuesday, April 9 at 7:00 a.m. (PDT)Read on
for a list of available items and how to participate in Repeat Login Campaign No. 9
The event for Final Fantasy XI
is live right now!