It's time to fire up the Avatar Editor and don your favourite sports gear for your healthy, good-looking, never-tiring, virtual self, as the release of Rare's, Kinect Sports Rivals
, is a mere three weeks away. With this in mind, Rare look to bring a new "level of competition" to the title with new features to check out as well as a new trailer and screens.
The details cover new elements such as Champions, Power-Ups, Levelling Up and plenty more. There's plenty to factor in on your way to leaving your opponents gasping for oxygen, starting from your character's unique look and what kind of power-ups he/she is packing, to how experienced your character will become and how many fans you will have following you as you win matches.
• Champions: Rare’s exclusive scanning technology plots 86 points on your face, scans your skin color and hair color to create your Champion, an awesome, stylized version of you, to use in-game. After your face and body are scanned, your Champion will appear on screen and you will have the opportunity to customize it to look even more like you or individualize it to express yourself in a unique way. This is next-gen character creation only possible with the Xbox One.
• Power-Ups: No self-respecting Champion would enter an event unarmed – every sport has a selection of equipment that bestows a variety of Power-Ups. Some magnify your abilities, some hinder your opponents, and others protect you from attack. Remember to choose your Power-Up wisely before entering each sport, as your choice will accompany your Champion when it appears in other players’ matches, even when you aren’t online.
• Coins and Experience Points: The only way to gain coins is by competing in events, with a higher pay-out awarded based on your final position. Compete and earn coins to be able to purchase new equipment and kits from the in-game store. Additionally, you can earn Experience Points, or XP, in each sport. The more you please the crowd, the faster you’ll break through XP levels and gain access to more prestigious items. If you accumulate enough XP, you can unlock advanced challenges, like new wake racing circuits, climbing routes, and much more.
• Level Up and Fans: Each of the six sports gives you the ability to level up and become an elite Champion for that sport. As you level up, you will gain access to unique outfits and equipment. The equipment gives you more impactful Power-Ups to give you the best advantage over your rivals. Every victory you have adds to your fame, which gives you more and more fans. The fans you win over in your living room will follow you as you go online to battle for ultimate Champion glory.
• Xbox Live: The new Xbox Live for Xbox One gives incredible access to Cloud-powered computing. Your Champion will play on your behalf using your skill level and your play style if you are not online. Of course, you can also play with your friends when you are both online, just like you are in the living room together.
To add to the details, "new outfits, equipment, challenges and team-based competition" will keep the variety spicy courtesy of ongoing updates that will be added to the game over time. We know there's going to be plenty of different types of sports to participate in. Players can take part in Climbing, Tennis, Shooting, Soccer, and plenty more. Check out these screens and see if your favourite event is being shown off in its upcoming Xbox One glory:
Lastly, this newly-released trailer features staff from Rare freeing their inner competitor. One member finds it competitive to find and claim that perfect seat in his local Starbucks. Do you guys feel the competitive nature when queuing for a Starbucks, too? I don't. I'd prefer to go to a butty van and buy a greasy sausage, bacon and egg baton with a coffee at a low, competitive price. Whatever your competitive nature may be, check out this trailer and enjoy:
Aim to be nothing but the best in Kinect Sports Rivals
when the game releases on Xbox One for North America, Australia and New Zealand on April 8th and for Europe on April 11th.