Today, 505 Games and NaturalMotion Games has announced that a new update to their title Backbreaker
is now available for download on the Xbox Live. The update is titled "Greathouse" and will introduce new features and gameplay "enhancements", while providing what updates usually do with dozens of tweaks in the background.
What are some of those enhancements? Glad you asked! From 505 Games:
* Brand new replay system with the addition of seven fully functional cameras, including free flight mode and a cinematic ‘ball-lock’ option.
* An additional 110+ plays adding up to twice the number of offensive and defensive plays, including an additional nine formations.
* Improved Quarterback camera view and passing game.
* A user-catch system, giving the player a much greater level of control over the on-field action.
* Comprehensive review of the penalty rulings following an analysis of reported errors.
These sound like some worthwhile enhancements, and guess what? They did not have to release a new iteration of the franchise this year! Take note, EA Sports, 505 Games was able to go back and update their original product! How novel of an idea that is! You should purchase this studio pronto and learn the zen of this new craft, only to crush it out and extinguish such a dangerous idea.
They also released some screens of this new update.
The update should be automatic the next time you boot up Backbreaker with an Xbox Live connection.