, the Toronto-based independent game developers of upcoming Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
, have unleashed new screens, details, and a trailer for the newly announced Severed
The new title puts players into the shoes of a heroine putting together pieces of her story from the past and future. The game's main character is lost in this new fantasy, nonlinear world and will be making her way through this vast, strange land from a first-person perspective. The game will feature a "gesture-based combat mechanic" as players defeat enemies, unlock new abilities, explore and find the many secrets of this new world, and master the various techniques of the main character on this adventure.
Check out this list of key features to come in Severed
• Take on the role of a heroine in this first-person, dungeon crawleresque adventure
• Mysterious highly stylized surreal world to explore
• Natural-motion based mechanics to combat enemies and explore/interact with the world
• Nonlinear gameplay gives players autonomy over upgrade paths
• Light RPG elements, including spells and items that progressively upgrade the main character
• Battle multiple enemies simultaneously, each with their own strengths and weaknesses to discover
• Original soundtrack from Juno nominated band YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN and kulintang ensemble Pantayo
Alongside the details on the new title, a loud, proud, and colourful trailer has been released showcasing some brilliant and explosive visuals:
Continuing with the impressive visuals, a set of screens have also been released showcasing different characters, creatures, a broken piano, different locations, and plenty more:Severed
is scheduled for release in Spring 2015 but the confirmation of which platforms this will be on is still yet to be announced.