We are looking to expand the Walkthrough Team here on TA by adding some additional Walkthrough Overseers.
As it stands, there are just over 850 walkthroughs available on the site, with around 20 more published every month from the almost 200 walkthroughs we usually have in progress at any one time.
The role of a Walkthrough Overseer is to assist walkthrough writers with any problems that may arise and to proofread the walkthrough once the writer has declared it finished. As such, this means that your main role will be to correct spelling and grammar, look out for copyright infringements and plagiarism and to correct formatting and presentation to fit with the TA walkthrough style. All of this ensures that walkthroughs on TrueAchievements are as good as they can be.
If you would like to apply for a role on the Walkthrough team, please send me a private message
with answers to the following questions:
1) What is your age and where are you from?
2) Are you fluent in the English language?
3) What methods would you use to discover spelling and grammatical mistakes?
4) What methods would you use to discover content that is plagiarised from other sources without consent?
5) How much time do you think you could provide to the team per week on average?
6) How many days in the average week do you check your Private Messages or My Threads?
7) Why do you want to join the Walkthrough Team?
8) Have you applied for a staff position or been on the site staff before?
9) Do you feel that you could correctly determine that information given about a game you have played is correct?
10) How comfortable are you with proofreading walkthroughs for games you are yet to play or finish?
11) Have you been involved with any walkthroughs on the site in the past?
12) Can you suggest any improvements to the walkthroughs on TrueAchievements?
13) Tell us a little about yourself.
14) Proofread this short passage:
When starting the game make sure to set you're difficultie to the easyest setting. Whilst this will make the game boring too play, i personally feel that it is will make the achievements easier to obtain. It must also be noted that the servers for the game have been closed down, meaning that the achievements are now unobtainable.
Please send your applications to me by 24th May.
Good luck to all those who apply!Please note that this is an unpaid role, but you do get to be a part of an awesome team!