Bethesda have today revealed their lengthy, impressive cast list for the upcoming Fallout: New Vegas
, with plenty of top class talent announced for the highly-anticipated game. As if you didn't already have enough reason to be excited.
Reprising his long-standing narrating role is Ron Perlman (Hellboy
, Sons of Anarchy
), which is pretty expected gauging from his Fallout
history. Joining him though is a veritable who's-who of actors, including former Friend
Matthew Perry, beloved nerd and The Guild
star/creator Felicia Day and Chuck's
Zachary Levi. Starring alongside them are "Mr. Las Vegas" himself Wayne Newton (playing the DJ of the Mojave Wasteland), William Sadler (Shawshank Redemption
), Michael Dorn (Star Trek: The Next Generation
), Kris Kristofferson (Blade Trilogy,
), Danny Trejo (Machete, From Dusk Till Dawn
), John Doman (Mystic River
, The Wire
) and Rene Auberjonois (Boston Legal, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
). If that wasn't quite enough, Bethesda also said that there will be even more celebrity cameos throughout the game's world!USA Today
have a great write-up about the characters of each of the aforementioned actors, quoted below:
• Matthew Perry's character, Benny, is the head of the Geckos family. A smooth-talking criminal but also a bit of a weasel, Benny may sound dangerous, but isn't that tough. Ultimately he's more of a ruthless pragmatist than a villain.
• Zachary Levi's playable character Arcade is a member of the Followers of the Apocalypse who hides a mysterious past. He's described as quiet, analytical, and cautious. Highly ethical and moral, he understands the post-apocalyptic world is one in which sometimes, people just have to be shot in the head. HE is more concerned with large-scale issues than the needs of individuals. He may appreciate what individual people go through, but firmly believes that it's more important to affect large-scale societal change than to fix problems little by little.
• Another newcomer who will be familiar to video gamers is Felicia Day, who voices the playable character Veronica, a sarcastic Brotherhood of Steel scribe.Fallout: New Vegas
• A third playable companion is Raul the Ghoul, a mechanic and former gunslinger voiced by Danny Trejo.
• Actor and singer/songwriter Kris Kristofferson plays Chief Hanlon, a grizzled solider at the end of his career.
• Rene Auberjonois is the enigmatic and reclusive Mr. House.
• Michael Dorn returns as Marcus, an intelligent super-mutant, last seen in 1998's Fallout 2.
• John Doman plays Caesar, the charismatic and powerful dictator at the head of Caesar's Legion.
• William Sadler is Victor, a friendly robot with the personality of an old fashioned cowboy.
will be available in North America on October 19th, and throughout Europe on October 22nd.